9. Under His Spell

Seonghwa

"You brought her back?" I asked.

I knew he was too weak for this.

"I had to. i had no other choice," he pled.

Right at the beginning, when our late night feast was interrupted by a sudden visitor.

"What do you mean?" Unsatisfied, I asked again as if to gain a different response from him.

I knew it. I just knew it.

"I don't know, she hasn't been able to talk about it. She became like this since we got to the river." Briefly, Hongjoong explained.

His behaviour irks me so much.

"So she's food then," one of them suddenly said.

Hongjong is always like this.

"Mingi, shut up."

He always falls in love with mortals.

"If she can't be food, then what is she?"

I'm telling you, he might even form an unlikely relationship with them.

"A pet? Oooh I've always a pet—" clapping his hands, Wooyoung excitedly interfered.

But usually it never exceeds 7 days.

"Nnnoooooo — not food and not a pet. Just a guest —" he desperately cuts in.

Usually by that time he either eats them or kills them off. Just like that. And this time around, none of us were interested to find out what will happen to the girl once Hongjoong gains boredom.

"That i hope you'll get rid of quick." Unfiltered, i mentioned.

Some of us were eager to either consume her or wanted her as their "pet" — while me and another just simply wanted her to leave the cabin and gone as soon as possible.

"We can't eat her. She needs to leave." Yeosang ruled out, adding
"...we can't have a witch amongst us."

However, this was the first time Hongjoong's ever been hooked on a half witch before.

Or so we thought she was.

"But you said that she's a mortal when we first saw her," curiously, the youngest mentioned.

"Yeah, he's right," i agreed with Wooyoung quick, nodding.

"I know, even my senses told me that she had human like vibes. But as we brought her back, i had a different feeling."

"What if you're wrong," Hongjoong starts.

Yeosang set his gaze on him, a look of sheer blankness mixed with a slight offence.

"I'm sorry, Yeosang. I didn't mean to offend, but i really need your cooperation. From all of you. We're not going to eat her, we're not going to make her into a pet. We're just going to accept her as a guest. She's going to live here with us until she's recovered from whatever she had experience just now. Got it?"

There were silence awkwardly brewed in the air between us before he pleaded,
"Please, just bear with me. Just this once."

"But she's a witch, hyung." With a sound of slight reluctance, Jongho tried.

"I know, we'll deal with it if anything happens. But I reckon nothing will. She doesn't seem like she noticed what she really is." Hongjoong pointed out.

Liked it or not, we had to listen to what he has to say. Maybe there could be a silver lining out of this mess.

"Fine. She can stay, for now." I announced, on behalf of everyone else as my gaze stopped at each of theirs in a silent agreement.