Being Human Isn't So Bad

"Well, I'm human now. Looks like I'm coming down with my first cold.." Jack said weakly, falling into another coughing fit. Cass smiled and opened the door.

     "I'll make you some soup then." Cass told Jack. Jack gave him one last huge grin before he walked away. He gave a small squeal of happiness after the door closed, quickly taking out his phone and dialing Sam.

     "Hey, Jack. What's up?"

     "I feel like I'm going to cry."

     "What!? Why? Are you hurt? Is Cass okay? Do we ne-." Sam said quickly.

     "What? No, no. Wrong tears, Sam. Happy." Jack told him. He heard Sam and Dean both give a sigh of relief, which made the tears well up in his eyes even more.

     "Okay, good. What happened? You're on speaker now, too."

     "Hey, Jack."

     "Hi Dean!" The brothers chuckled at the fact that Jack sounded like an excited child.

     "But, umm... I think this is happy, anyways.. I'm confused."

     "Why?"

     "Well, I umm..."

     "Are you embarrassed?"

     "Is that what it's called? When I get all blushy and my stomach gets butterflies?"

     "Yes, Jack. That's what that's called."

     "Okay, then yes. I'm embarrassed."

     "Why?"

     "Cass."

     "What did Cass do?!" Dean spoke up protectively, hoping his boyfriend didn't do something wrong.

     "Nothing bad. Nothing bad at all.."

     "Okay, good."

     "But he.. he's acting like a dad. He told me that he's proud of me and that I did good and I told him that I thought I was getting a cold and now he's making me soup and.." Jack trailed.

     Sam and Dean were grinning from ear to ear. They didn't even feel like they could speak, because all that would come out would be a squeak. Finally, Sam could make a sound close to English.

"Aww..." He managed. All of them chuckled.

"That's great, Jack."

"I-Is it?" Jack stuttered. It was apparent to the boys that he was crying now.

"No, Jack. Don't cry." Sam said in a calming and comforting voice.

"H-happy." Jack reminded them.

"That's really good, Jack. You deserve someone like Cass in your life. Remember it." Dean told him.

"I-I should go. He might come back soon with my soup." Sam and Dean could hear the smile on his face.

"Okay. Listen, we'll be home in about an hour and a half, okay? Traffic sucks." Jack chuckled at Sam's whining voice.

"Okay. See you soon!"

"Yep, see you!"

"Bye bye!"

Jack clicked his phone off and set it on his nightstand. He got up and looked in the mirror, cleaning the tears off of his face.

He knew they were happy tears, but he didn't want Cass to freak out. He quickly sat back down on his bed with his laptop, hearing footsteps in the hallway.