Quiet

It was the day they were finally able to go home. Everyone in the jet was asleep, except for Morgan. He was sitting in the seat across from Reid, (who was asleep in a ball on one of the couches), listening to music.

Suddenly, they hit a little turbulence. No one really stirred, but Reid had groaned and rolled over, now facing Morgan. The older man smiled at how his friends messy brunette hair bounced with the movements of the jet.

Morgan looked out the window of dark clouds and just daydreamed. He couldn't fall asleep, but he sure as hell could reminisce. He remembered the prank he had set for April fools last year, among other things that made him smile like a child.

He must have lost track of time, because Reid suddenly shot up from his seat, panting heavily. Morgan stared at him for a second before looking at his watch. 2:37 A.M.

"Something wrong?" Morgan asked, taking one side of his headphones off. Reid looked at him in slight surprise, figuring he was asleep.

"Yeah. I-I just had a nightmare is all." The younger man answered softly, as not to wake his friends.

"You sure you're alright?" Morgan asked, now taking his headphones fully off and setting them down on the table.

"Yeah, I'll be f-fine. I don't wanna talk about it.." Reid trailed as he leaned against his seat and stretched his legs.

     "Kid, talk to me." Morgan said in a soft and comforting voice as he sat down next to Reid, forcing him to pull his legs in. He hugged them to his chest and thought for a moment.

     "I-I just keep thinking about Maeve.." Reid trailed once more, letting out a slight chuckle, as if the idea of it was stupid.

     "What about her?" Morgan asked, not wanting to overstep any boundaries that Reid may have set.

     "I couldn't save her. I should've, but I didn't. Does that make me wrong?" Reid asked. Morgan stared at him for a few moments.

     "No, Reid, that doesn't make you wrong. That makes you human. You know what would make it wrong?" Morgan asked. Reid looked up at him, a curious sadness filling the oncoming tears in his eyes.

     "What?" He asked.

     "Not trying." Morgan answered. Reid looked at him with squinted eyes for a moment before hiding them in his hand. Morgan rested his hand on Reid's shoulder, wanting to be there but also not quite sure what to say.

"Morgan?" Reid asked in a shaky tone.

"Yes?" Morgan answered, almost too fast.

"Would you mind if I hugged you?" Reid asked with a slight stutter as he looked up from his hands. Morgan's lips tugged upwards.

"Why would I?" He asked, wrapping his arms around Reid's slender frame. Reid kind of chuckled before returning the favor, realizing that this was the first time he had smiled in just about three months.

"Th-thanks.." Reid managed to get out, trying not to cry because he knew it would wake his friends.

"Hey, Pretty Boy?" Morgan asked, pulling them apart so that he could see Reid's face. He saw a few tears running down the pale cheeks, but he wasn't surprised. He could feel them against his thin shirt.

"Yeah?" Reid asked, slightly swallowing.

"No more tears, okay man? You need to smile more." Morgan said, both of them chuckling slightly as Reid fixed his hair and reddened face.

"Yeah, I-I guess so.. there's just not been much to smile about lately." Reid explained, still trying to control his volume.

"Hey, there's always something to smile about!" Morgan responded. Reid looked up at him, interest dancing around his eyes.