Chaperone

"Kid? What's wrong?" Asked Tony as Peter walked through the door looking particularly down after school.

     "Well, my class is going on a field trip tomorrow, but I don't get to go." Tony gave him a confused look as he sat down and started on his homework.

     "Why not? Did you do something wrong?"

     "No! I'm offended!" Peter joked, making both of them laugh.

     "But really, why?"

     "Aunt May can't chaperone." Peter said glumly, returning to his history work.

     "I'm sorry, Pete. I wish I could go. I have a meeting tomorrow and- hey, why don't we see if Thor can go with you?"

     "Really?" Peter asked, his eyes lighting up like Christmas lights.

     "Why not? Where ya going, anyways?"

     "Well, we're going to Cape May, but we're gonna stay the night. I'll be back on Saturday afternoon."

     "Wow, Pete! That's incredible! You need something, hold on." Tony trailed off, walking into the hallway and digging in a drawer until he found whatever he was looking for.

     "Okay, close your eyes!" Tony said, holding the object behind his back. Peter giggled and did as he was told. Tony set the object on the table, Peter opening his eyes when he heard a thud on the wood.

     "Wow, Mr. Stark! Really, I can take this!?" Peter asked, picking up the Polaroid camera in his hands and looking over it with an astounded expression decorating his face.

     "All yours, Pete! Full of film! Just promise to bring me back some pictures, okay?" Tony asked, throwing a wink Peter's way.

     "For sure! Are you sure Thor can go?" Peter promised, a curious smile looking up at Tony.

     "I'll go ask right now!" Tony said, ruffling Peter's hair and pointing back at his work before walking down the hall. Peter giggled and got back to finishing his work.

     Meanwhile, Tony made his way up to Thor's room. He honestly had no clue if Thor could go or not, but he was sure that he would be more than willing to.

     "Thor?" He called, knocking on the door. To his surprise, he heard no response. He slowly opened the door a crack to see Thor passed out with Loki snoring away next to him.

     Tony smiled and tried to think of what to do when Thor woke up. He gave Tony a smile and managed to get up and leave without waking Loki up.

     "Cat nap?" Tony asked quietly as he shut the door. Thor chuckled with a yawn.

     "Yes, Loki and I have had quite the afternoon." He smiled as they walked down the hall and towards the living room.

     "So, I had a question."

     "Ask away."

     "So, Peter has a field trip tomorrow, and he wants you to go with him. It's only for one night and you'll be back Saturday afternoo-."

     "Wait, Spider Boy wants me to go with him?"

     "Well, yeah. He likes you. You're one of the cool ones!" Tony said, giving Thor a playful punch on the arm as they both chuckled.

     "Yes, this sounds fun!" Thor smiled.

     "Well, just so you know, you'll be spending the night with the kids and you'll have to make sure none of them get hurt while you're out."