Chapter 5

Trigger Warning: mention of self harm.

Sally woke up the next morning with the same questions from last night still circling in his mind. Questions like why had Larry decided to hold his hand the day before. Does that mean that he likes him? Probably not. He doesn't even know if Larry's even into boys. He held up his arm to see the bandages he had put on last night, after the incident with him talking about his mother Sal had remembered some very painful memories along with a stabbing feeling of guilt. Sadly he only knew one way to make these feelings and memories go away and that was through punishing himself. Deep down he knew it wasn't really his fault but on nights like those he wasn't really paying attention the quiet voice in his head telling him he has nothing to feel guilty about. With all the uncertainty about Larry making him anxious he decided to get changed and go see Megan.

A/N: Fun fact, my real name is Megan so when the I saw that the ghost had the same name as me I freaked out a little since I don't see a lot of fictional characters with my name lol.

He took the elevator up to the floor with Megan's room on it, gameboy in hand he cautiously opened the door and quietly walked into the bathroom. Megan soon appeared from the floor.

"Hello Sally Face!" She said cheerfully with a smile on her face.

"Hello Megan, how have you been?" Sal wondered why he'd even asked that, Megan was a ghost. There wasn't going to be any truly interesting answer.

"Ok I guess, you haven't visited me in a while"

"Sorry about that, I've been busy."

"It's ok, how's Larry Face?"

Sal felt himself blush again, if he was getting flustered even by the mention of Larry's name then how was he gonna compose himself in Larry's company?

"He's doing fine too"

They talked for about 2 hours when Sally's walkie talkie started making noises.

"Sally face where the fuck are you?"

Sally quickly grabbed the device out of his pocket.

"Talking to Megan so watch your language"

"Oops sorry, I'm outside your apartment and you wouldn't answer the door so I thought you might've died or something"

"Always looking for the best explanation I see. I'll be down in a minute hold on"

He said goodbye to Megan and watched her sink back into the floor, a sight he would never truly get used to. He got back in the elevator and met Larry at his door. It was a dull Saturday morning so that meant no school. They went inside the apartment and sat on the couch to watch TV. It was just them since Sal's dad was out of town for a few days, Gizmo jumped onto Sally's lap and hissed at Larry.

"Dude why does your cat hate me so much?"

"Maybe because you accidentally fed him dog food once"

"They smell equally as disgusting so how was I supposed to know the difference?"

"It's called reading the package you twat"

They laughed and continued to watch their show. Outside it had started raining heavily. Larry's phone buzzed with a message from Lisa asking him to go to the shops and get some food. Sally said he would venture out into the rain with him. They walked out the door into the rain and immediately walked right back in.

"Dude we might drown if we go out there"

"Chill out it's just a bit of rain"

But even Sally wasn't looking forward to what was to come. They ran all the way to the shops and when they got in they had both looked like they'd been for a swim. After paying for the things and grabbing a bag each both boys tried running home again. They were almost there when Sally slipped and fell right into a puddle, his mask snapping off.

Larry immediately stopped and grabbed Sally's hand to help him up. Sally was frantically looking around for his mask with one hand while the other was over his face so Larry couldn't see the ugly scars.

"Don't worry dude it's right here" Larry said handing Sal his soaking mask.

Sal quickly fastened the straps at the back and knelt down to pick up the shopping that had fallen out the bag. Thank goodness Larry was carrying the eggs. He felt his friend kneel down next to him and started helping with the shopping, the rain was still pouring down on them. With all the food safely back in the bag they set off running again. Not that there was much point since they were both completely drenched. Larry reached out for Sal's hand as they were running.

"Don't want you falling again do we?" He said with a smile

Sally happily took his hand and they continued to sprint back to the apartments. Lisa practically screamed when they came through the door and forced them back into the hall before they ruined the carpet with all the mud. She took the shopping off them and handed them towels.

"You're not coming in here wearing those clothes." She said.

"Well what are we supposed to do?" Larry replied. "Strip?"

Sally went very red at the idea of Larry's bare chest let alone what was further down.

"Of course not just take off your jackets and shoes" she said with an exasperated expression.

They got into the warm apartment where Sally immediately felt at home. Lisa said she would run Sal a bath and get him some clean clothes, Sal thanked her and looked across at Larry who was trying to dry his hair.

"You do realise you have one of the best moms in the world right?"

"Don't say that in front of her or she'll never let me forget it"

Lisa returned to the room saying that the bath was ready, Sal got up and walked into the bathroom. He undressed and took off his mask and sat it at the side along with his glass eye. Lastly he took off the bandages on his wrists and threw them in the bin. He got into the hot water and immediately relaxed, then all those thoughts of his best friend returned to him, making him blush yet again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Holy fuck this was a longer chapter. I had no idea how to end it so sorry about that really shitty ending. Also 500 reads wtf!!! I'm actually in shock rn thank you all so much. I had a lot of fun writing this and I've actually already finished writing chapter 6 and I've started on chapter 7. I was going to add more to this one but I felt like it was long enough lol.