Chapter 22

Sally awoke with a start. Another damn nightmare. It had been the same one all week. They were preforming the exorcism when suddenly everything went wrong. There were so many demons. In each of these dreams one person would always die. Wether it was Larry, Todd or even Travis it was always one. This time it had been Larry. Sal leant over to pick up the walkie talkie.

"Larry Face?" He spoke into it.

"Yes Sally Face?" Came a voice moments later.

That was strange, it would normally take a couple of calls just to wake Larry up then a few more to get him to answer. He must've already been awake.

"Nightmares again, can I come downstairs?"

"Yeah of course dude."

"Ok I'll be down in a few minutes."

Sal left quietly through the apartment door and made his way into the elevator. He put the key card into the slot and tried to ignore the crappy elevator music. One day him and Larry should change it to Sanity's Falls. The sound of the elevator doors opening snapped Sal out of his thoughts. He let himself into Larry's apartment and went straight to the boy's room.

"Larry?" He called as he walked into the brunettes room.

He had expected to see Larry in bed but he was at his easel painting something.

"Hey Sal."

"What're you painting."

He walked over to look. On the easel was a paining of the shadow of someone with red eyes.

"Was you're nightmare about the exorcism?" Larry asked.

"Yeah." Sally replied. "Why are you awake may I ask."

"I had a nightmare too." Larry said. "It was also about the exorcism actually. In my dream the demon just became angrier and fully possessed Travis so he was attacking you almost everyday. Except it was worse than what he'd done before....." Larry went quiet.

".....in mine the exorcism went wrong. And you died."

"Heh, hopefully neither of our dreams come true."

Knock knock.

"Who the fuck could that be?" Larry said. "It's 3am."

"Lets go see." Sally said already leaving Larry's room to answer the door.

He opened the door to see Todd standing there in his pyjamas. Two streams of tears were flowing down his cheeks.

"Todd? What's wrong?" Sally asked.

Todd couldn't even answer. Instead he just sniffed and shook his head. Sally lead him into Larry's room and shut the door after them.

"Woah Todd what happened?" Larry asked as soon as he saw the red head.

"Night...mare." Todd managed to speak.

"Really? Was it that bad?"

Todd nodded.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Sally asked while putting an arm round Todd and leading him to Larry's bed to sit on.

Todd gulped and began to speak.

"We were preforming the exorcism. And I fucked up. I said something wrong. Either way the demon came for me, it possessed me. It made me..." His bottom lip wobbled. "It made me murder Neil." And with the last sentence Todd began to cry into his hands.

Sally put both arms round the boy and let Todd cry into his shoulder.

"Don't worry Todd. It's not real. It won't happen. The nightmares are only happening to put us off the idea of doing the exorcism." He said while rubbing the other boy's back.