Chapter 21

If this book reaches 69k reads I will screech.

Trigger Warning: Mention of self harm.

Sally was pacing up and down his room. Larry had just asked him to go swimming with him in a nearby lake. Fucking swimming. He was freaking out. He took a deep breath in and rolled up one of his sleeves. Then let out a disappointed breath at the sight of the scars. He'd been hoping they wouldn't be as noticeable as they were. Well, that was the consequence of cutting. The scars.

He took one last sigh before he rolled down his sleeve and grabbed his bag. He called out a goodbye to his dad and made his way to the basement to meet up with Larry, the door was unlocked so he just walked in. This was his second family after all. He knocked on Larry's door.

There was no answer.

He knocked again.

Nothing.

Sighing he slowly opened the door and peaked in. Larry was on his bed asleep. Fully clothed and everything. His bag lay at the end of the bed, he must've fallen asleep waiting for Sally. This exorcism stuff must've been causing him to loose sleep. Sally shook some anxious thoughts out of his head and lightly shook Larry's shoulder.

"Dude, get up."

"Hey Sally Face." Larry mumbled with his eyes half open.

"C'mon you asshat. I didn't wake up early to pack a bag for nothing."

Larry yawned and sat up rubbing his eyes.

"Have you been getting enough sleep lately Larry?" Sal asked concerned.

"Huh? Yeah, of course, why would I be?"

"I don't know, maybe the fact that we're currently planning an exorcism. I know you're lying Larry, those bags under your eyes aren't getting any smaller."

"Heh, you got me. I actually planned this little outing so we could take our mind off of that shit."

Sally smiled and lifted up his prosthetic to kiss Larry's forehead.

"Speaking of which, where even is this lake. I've lived in these apartments a year and I've never heard of a lake near here."

"My dad used to fish there. Not many people know about it."

"That figures. Well are you ready to go?"

"Yep."

Larry grabbed his bag and swung it over his shoulder, he then took Sally's hand and lead the boy out of the back door in his room.

They walked deep into the woods, Sally soon didn't recognise anything.

"Larry are you sure you know where you're going?"

"Don't worry babe, it's not far now."

Sally felt his face flush red.

"Babe? That's new."

"You don't mind do you?"

"Mind? Larry I'm practically orgasming."

Larry chuckled.

>•<  nice to see you again Steve.

Soon they reached the lake. It looked...cold. Nice, but cold. Larry put his bag down and pulled his t-shirt over his head. Sally somehow still found himself going red at Larry's bare chest, he quickly changed into his swimming shorts but kept his jumper on. If he was being honest he was fucking terrified of Larry seeing his scars. Thinking about it, he knew Larry had seen him wearing bandages on his arms and he might've seen the cuts that one time in the treehouse, although the thought still put an anxious feeling in his stomach which made him just want to curl up in a ball. Wearing long sleeves helped contain this feeling. But there was no escaping this now. This could be the first time they actually talked about it.

"Yo Sal, you gonna take that off?" Larry asked. He had a pair of red swimming shorts on while Sal's were yellow.

"Oh? Um yeah."

He pulled his jumper over his head with shaking hands. Then looked back at Larry and unclipped his prosthetic and removed his glass eye.

"I need goggles." He said bluntly. "My eye socket is sensitive to cold water."

"Come and get them." Larry said holding out a pair of yellow goggles. 'How fitting' Sal thought.

He reached out to take them when Larry suddenly lifted his arm up out of Sal's reach.

"Fuck you." The blue haired boy muttered.

"What's wrong? I'm giving them to you."

Sally reached up with both arms and tried jumping up. Larry started to laugh while Sally was still struggling. Suddenly the laughing stopped and Larry's arm dropped down a bit so Sally could grab the goggles.

"Sally." He said quietly.

"Yes?" Sally said back.

"Where did these come from?" He said holding Sally's arm. The white scars were littered up and down them. Some more faded than others.

This was it. Sally thought. Larry deserved to know.

"I did them". Sally said with a shaking voice.

Larry went very quiet.

"I'm sorry." Sally managed to choke out.

"Don't be." Larry said. "We all go through shit. Some worse than others, and people have different ways of coping. Either way..."

He took Sally's hands.

"These don't change a thing." He said. "I still see you as my amazing boyfriend with a beautiful face."

Sally was incredibly overwhelmed with emotions he could hardly speak, he looked down at his arm.

"I've stopped."

"That's good."

"Because of you."

"What?"

"I stopped because of you."

Larry looked up at Sally and smiled. Sal suddenly strapped the goggles onto his face and leaped into the lake. The water from the splash hit Larry.

"FUCK ITS COLD!" Sal yelled.

"YEAH NO SHIT!" Larry yelled back.

Larry ran and jumped in moments later and both boys started a splashing war. Soon they were both laughing.

"I love you so much Sally Face."

"..."

"Shit sorry I-."

"I love you too."

"What?"

"I love you too."

Larry made his way over to Sally and connected their lips together.

It was bliss. Sally thought.

Just

Bliss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hiiiiii.
I wrote this in one night which is a change lol. Btw this story sadly doesn't have many chapters left. When I started this I had no idea where the story would end but now I know and I'm already planning the last few chapters. Ik you'll all be sad ((btw I typed 'sad' incorrectly and it autocorrected to 'dab' I'm deceased)) but I might do a sequel coz I am so emotionally attached to this story since it's my first aha. ((Or you could read my other Sallarry story 'silence'. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Ok I'll stop with the self promoting hehe.))

Also the next chapter might be out tomorrow since I've already finished writing it and I've also started on chapter 23 owo.

Love you all 💖💖💖