Chapter 17 (Xmas Chapter)

The 25th of December. A day that Sally would normally dread. He hadn't enjoyed a Christmas since his mom had died. And his dad wasn't a very festive person anyways, especially now that all he did was drink.

But this year it would be different.

This year he was having Christmas with Larry and Lisa.

Sal opened his eyes on the morning of the 25th and looked over at his clock which read 8:37. Out of the window he could see that it had snowed, how fitting. He hauled himself out of bed and took a shower before putting his hair into the 2 usual pigtails and strapping his mask on. He rummaged through his drawers to find a good pair of black jeans and then pulled on a red Christmas jumper which had a cat wearing a Santa hat on it. The cat looked a bit like Gizmo which was one of the reasons Sal had bought it. After shoving a piece of toast down his throat he left his dad's present by his bed and grabbed a bag full of other wrapped gifts. Quietly he closed his apartment door and walked into the elevator. First he visited floor 3 and left a chocolate bar outside Chug's apartment then he made his way to floor 2 and left a present outside Todd's door. He prayed it wouldn't be stolen when he realised he was now at Larry's door. He only had to knock once before Larry had almost thrown the door off its hinges when he opened it.

"Sal! Dude Merry Christmas!" He said while pulling Sal into a hug.

"You too Lar-bear." Sally teased while returning the hug.

Sal walked inside the apartment to see it had been nicely decorated since he was last there. A fake tree stood in the living room decorated with lights and baubles and underneath it were a few wrapped gifts.

"Me and my mom opened each other's presents earlier but look what she got me!" Larry excited pointed to a very large pile of art supplies on one of the couches.

"Holy shit, that looks expensive."

"Yeah, it was apparently."

Lisa then emerged from the kitchen holding 2 mugs of hot chocolate. She put them down on the table before making her way over to the two boys.

"Merry Christmas Sal!" She said before kissing his mask on the cheek.

"Mom Sal doesn't want you to kiss him." Larry said.

"Sally is like my second son I can kiss his cheek all I like." Lisa replied.

"As long as the mouth is saved for me." Larry said under his breath.

Sal elbowed him.

"What was that for?" Larry said quietly.

"For that comment and for putting an opinion in my mouth."

"Dude I literally couldn't care less if my mom kissed you on the cheek I just wanted to take the precaution that you were ok with it."

"Like Lisa said, I'm her second son."

They grabbed the hot chocolate and at down on the couch. Sal gave Lisa a perfume that she's wanted for a while and she gave him some new posters for his room.

"Okay Larry open mine." Sally said while handing a one lumpy package.

Larry ripped off the paper to revel a navy blue Sanity Falls t-shirt. This one was unique because the sleeves were elbow length.

"Yo Sal this is one of their newest shirts! Thanks dude!"

"That's not all." Sally said as he handed over a small envelope.

Larry looked confused but he opened the envelope. Inside were 2 tickets to the next Sanity Falls concert in 2 months.

Larry's eyes went wide.