Chapter 18

"Fireworks?"

"Yeah dude. They set them off not far from the apartments. Every year I make the excuse that I'm not bothered about the new year but in reality I just wanna go onto the roof of the apartments and watch the fireworks on my own."

"So why are you telling me this?"

"Because I want to watch them with you this time." Larry said with a smile.

Sally couldn't help but grin happily at the fact that Larry was sharing something personal and almost secret about himself.

"Really?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Can we invite the rest of the gang?"

"If you want. I normally liked it on my own but it would be nice with some extra company."

"Then it's settled. I'll text Ashley to let her know and we can go to Todd's apartment now."

>•<

"Do you think he's in?"

"Todd hardly ever leaves his apartment. So yeah."

Sal was about to knock again when the door opened and there stood Todd who looked a bit worse than usual.

"Todd are you ok?" Sal asked.

"Yeah you're not even dressed yet." Larry said referring to Todd's blue pyjamas.

"I've got a cold." Todd croaked out. His voice was raspy and Sal could now notice how tired he looked.

"We were gonna ask if you wanted to watch the fireworks on the roof with us tonight but if you're not well you shouldn't go outside." Sal said with concern. "Do you want us to do anything for you."

"Well, I would hate to be a bother but my parents are out and I have no clue how to make tea."

Sally took the invitation and walked straight into Todd's kitchen to boil the kettle. Todd disappeared into his room then returned moments later wrapped in a blanket. Larry sat on one end of the couch and Todd sat next to him.

"Does Neil know you're ill?" Larry asked.

"I've sent him a message *cough* but there's been no reply." Todd answered.

Sal walked back over to the couch carrying 3 cups of tea, he gave one to Todd and the other to Larry before sitting down and taking a sip of his own cup.

"Thanks Sal." Todd croaked.

They had almost finished their tea when the door flung open and Neil burst in.

"TODD BABES ARE YOU OK?!" He yelled running over and wrapping his arms around his boyfriend.

Todd almost spilt the remainder of his tea as he awkwardly patted Neil's back.

"I'm fine it's just a cold." He said with a very red face.

"He's fine Neil don't worry." Sal said laughing.

Neil leant over and kissed Todd passionately on the lips. Todd looked as though he was enjoying it until he quickly remembered there were other people in the room. He gently pushed Neil off of him.

"Don't, you'll get sick too." He said, his face redder than before.

"We'll just leave you 2 lovebirds." Larry said while grabbing Sal's hand. "Have fun."

They closed the door behind them and stood in silence for a moment.

"Neil really loves Todd doesn't he?" Sal said.