Chapter 23

Trigger Warning: Abuse

"This is it." Travis said clutching the small silver cross on his necklace as the 4 boy's stood outside the church.

It was traditional looking made from stone, the stained glass windows were the most colourful thing about this bleak building. He took the keys from his pocket and unlocked the heavy wooden doors. They all pushed the doors open together to reveal the inside of the church. It was as bleak as the outside minus the colourful light coming through the windows. At the front of the church behind where the priest would speak was a red velvet curtain. Travis lead them up the middle of the hall past all the rows of pews and pulled the curtain open revealing many bookcases.

"There should be some books there on exorcisms." He said.

"We'll find all of them then take the best ones." Todd said.

"Won't your dad mind if some of the books just suddenly go missing?" Sally asked.

"He won't notice. And if he does well...I'll just pretend I don't know."

Sally smiled. It must be tough having to lie to the face of such a powerful man. They went over to the bookshelves where Larry and Travis was pulling out anything with the word 'exorcism' on it and laying them on the floor for Sally and Todd to look through them. They were halfway through it when they heard the church doors open.

"Travis?" Came a low voice.

"Oh fuck, hide!" Travis whispered.

The 3 boy's ran behind a particularly tall bookcase and hid behind it.

"Travis!" Came the voice, this time louder.

"Yes father?" Travis spoke, opening up the curtain.

Sally had never heard Travis talk to respectively to someone.

"There you are, I came to tell you about the plans for this Sunday."

The man talked for a few minutes, Larry yawned from behind the bookcase and Sal elbowed him.

"What were you doing behind the curtain Travis?" The man asked.

"Just trying to find a book father." Travis replied.

"What book was it? Maybe I could tell you where to loo-." He pulled back the curtain to reveal the mass pile of books on the floor.

Everything went silent.

"Is this church a joke to you Travis?"

"N-no of course not father."

"Then WHY ARE YOU TREATING IT LIKE ONE?!"

"I-I'm sorry father I-."

Smack.

Sally could hear Travis get up, then get kicked back to the ground.

"Clean that up and don't ever let me find you making a mess of this church again."

And with that the man walked out of the church and closed the doors behind him.

The 3 boy's slid out from behind the bookcase. Larry was cursing under his breath and Todd had gone white. Sally hurried to the curtain and pulled it back to see Travis lying on the steps in the middle of a pool of coloured light from the windows, tears were threatening to spill from his eyes as he tried pushing himself up. Sally ran over to him and helped him sit on one of the pews. There was a bruise starting to form on the side of his face.

"Travis...." Sally started.

"Don't." He said. "Just please don't."

"We'll tidy this." Todd said before making his way with Larry back to behind the curtain.

Sally sat next to Travis on the hard wooden seat. He leant over and put his arm round the blonde who at first went stiff then started sobbing into his hands.

>•<

"Fuck, I mean, I hated him but that just explains everything." Larry said as him Sal and Todd were walking back to the apartments with a small bag full of books.

"Imagine having a father that does that to you." Sally said quietly thinking of his own father who even at his worst moments would never lay a hand on his own son.

"I can see where he gets his aggression from now." Todd added.

"Is there anything we can do?" Sally asked.

"Not really." Todd replied. "The police are shit and Travis' dad is the priest so they'll definitely believe him over a bunch of kids. And if we do tell and he gets in no trouble, Travis will get the blame and he'll have to take the punishment."

Sally sighed. Soon they were standing in the elevator on Todd's floor.

"I'm gonna go see Megan. I'll see you guys later."

"Bye Sally."

"See ya Sal."

Sally got in the elevator and pressed the button for the fourth floor. He quickly went into his apartment to grab the super gear boy and immediately went back into the elevator. He pressed in the button with '5' engraved into it and waited until the elevator doors opened on the correct floor. He stepped out into the broken down hallway and made his way to Megan's bathroom. After using the super gear boy the figure of the little girl soon rose from the floor.

"Sally Face!" She said smiling.

"Hey Megan."

They talked for a long time about everything that'd happened recently. Sally purposely left out the parts where he was assaulted, Megan didn't need to hear that.

"Travis seems like a nice boy." Megan said. "I know how scary daddies can be. He's probably just scared."

Sal nodded. "Speaking of which, have you seen your dad recently?"

"Nope! Not at all." Megan said. "Why?"

Sally quickly went over how they thought Travis had been possessed.

"Ohhhhh. That explains why mommy was so sad. I think she can tell went daddy's being bad."

"Do you have any advice on how we should do this exorcism?" Sally asked. He wasn't expecting a good answer, Megan might not even know what an exorcism is.

"Sorry Sally Face but I don't know what an escorsism is." She said looking guilty. "But it sounds hard. Take my necklace for good luck!"

"Are you sure Megan?"

"Yep! Just be sure to return it!"

"Ok thanks Megan."

"No problem Sally Face! Bye bye!"

And with that she sank back into the floor with a scream.

Sally sighed and got up from the disgusting bathroom floor and put Megan's necklace around his neck, he then stretched and walked back towards the elevator. Moments later he was outside his own apartment, he opened the door and went straight to his room where he collapsed into his bed and fell into a peaceful sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh shiiiiiit. There might only be one or two more chapters left in this book. So be prepared. òwó