Chapter 12

THIS CHAPTER CAME IN A DREAM

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Niall sat alone in the pub with an empty pint on the counter. He has been starring at the cup for almost thirty minutes now. His mind was muddied with thoughts about the past couple of days. A roller costar ride would be an understatement.

More like a roller costar ride from hell!

These past few years of his life seemed to move at a glacial pace, until Harry came back to Mullingar.

“Aren’t you suppose to be at the wedding Niall?” asked Caleb, pointing to the old wooden clock on the wall.

Niall replied with a cross between a hiss and grunt. The wedding… that curly bastard divorced him and now he is getting married. And he has the heart the invite him. asshole.

Caleb lands a sympathetic hand on Niall’s shoulder. He truly pitied the man. He watched  Niall grew up from a little kid playing in the muddy fields, barging into the pub because he was thristy. Soon the kid grew taller, then to the dashing young man he was now. Through heartbreak and success, Caleb seen everything. He’d seen countless men and women trying to ask Niall out, but the man never once falter. He continued being loyal to Harry even through the years.

Crazy, stupid, love. 

“Do you remember when I first got married Caleb?” asked Niall abruptly, moving his finger over the mouth of the glass.

The middle aged man laughed, “Oh course, how could I forget the day you and Harry came in showing everyone your marriage certificate and pissing out.”

“Well, it was a great day” replied Niall, cracking up at his old memories.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

Niall remembered everything well. It was still clear as day. When Harry left him, he took away his heart along with him. It was the worst time in Niall’s life. It was physically, mentally and emotionally painful. He didn’t know what happened, but one day after weeks cooped up in his house, he decided to earn Harry back. 

Something inside him suddenly cracked and everything sort of happened...

Niall wanted Harry to be proud to be with him. He wanted Harry to be happy proudly showing his husband off.

Harry always talked about being successful and rich and living in the city. Living with him in this small farming town didn’t make Harry any closer to his dreams. Niall felt like he was Harry’s set back.

Sometimes he wondered, whether getting married that young was a good idea or not.

Well they were just crazy kids in love.

Their proposal were met with critiques from everyone. Families, friends, neighbours all disapproved when Harry proposed. They were too young and stupid they said. Well, Niall agreed. But you are always young and stupid when you're in love.