TWO

My boy
My boy
My boy
He ain't a man, and sure as hell ain't honest

"Miss Johnson, wake up." Someone was shaking me.

I opened my eyes to stare at the most beautiful green eyes I've ever seen. My mind immediately went back to the moment in the safe room. His hard body against mine.

"Jaxon?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am, it's me."

I love being this close to him. I thought. His eyes were absolutely beautiful.

"What did I say ab-"

"Mr. Johnson is here." He said, cutting me off.

"Oh," I whispered.

I pulled my towel tighter around my body.
Did he see me naked when I passed out? My face flushed with embarrassment. Did Max see me naked too?

I leaned up and my father was in the corner talking to a group of men in all black. That's odd. My guards all wear suits. I ran to my closet and put some clothes on before walking back out.

"Dad?" I called.

"Oh, angel. Thank goodness, you're awake."

"What happened?" I asked, rubbing my head.
I suddenly had a massive headache.

"Someone attacked us," Jaxon explained.

"Lyla!" I heard someone yell. Mark ran into the room and immediately hugged on me.

"Mark, I'm fine. Get off," I groaned.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He whispered, stroking my hair.

"Sweetheart, you're going to have to stay somewhere else for a while. Your home has been compromised."

"She can stay with me," Mark blurted.

"What?" I yelled. Mark eyed me suspiciously. I saw Jaxon trying to cover up a laugh. "I mean, I just think I'm capable of staying somewhere alone. That's all."

"Well, I don't. You need to stay with me," Mark said. I looked over at my father but he was busy talking to the men dressed in all black. "Grab her some clothes," Mark spoke to Jaxon and snapped his fingers.

"He's not your servant," I snapped, glaring at him.

I was sick of the way Mark treated others that he viewed as beneath him. He is no better than anyone else. His money doesn't mean shit.

I walked to my closet and began gathering clothes. Everyone filed out of my room, except Jaxon.

"Thank you," I said.

"It's my job."

"Listen," I began. "I'm sorry about-"

"Don't apologize for him. His attitude and actions have nothing to do with you."

"Yes they do."

"How?" He asked.

"Well, he reflects my choices. I chose to be with him."

"No, you're forced."

"Well, I'm the one who took him home to Dad. But, at first, he wasn't bad."

"I know," he grumbled. "I was there." I looked at him intently, admiring him again. He looked up at me and gave me a crooked smile. My breathing hitched.

"Well," I said, looking away. "I should probably pack some stuff up."

"I'll help," he said.

He opened one of my drawers. I didn't think anything of it until I realized which one he opened. I spun around quickly and he was already looking at me, smirking. He had my red lace underwear dangling from his index finger.

"These are nice Johnson."

"Shut up. Put them away." I blushed, trying to snatch them from his hand. He pulled his hand back quickly and stuffed the red panties into his pocket. I felt my lower regions moisten.

"Whoa whoa, what do we have here?" He pulled out my leather outfit. It was leather with a stringy thong and fishnet stockings.

"Oh my gosh," I grumbled into my hands. I looked at him through the cracks of my fingers. He placed the outfit back in the drawer, smirking at me the entire time.

"Don't worry," he said. "I love this drawer. Good to know you're a freak too." He winked.

Too? My subconscious purred at the thought of him getting freaky with me.

I blushed harder and pushed him out of the room. It wasn't until after I shut my bedroom door in his face that I realized he still had my red lace panties. I reopened my door to get them from him but he was already gone. I clenched my legs together as a delicious pain hit me.

Why did he keep them? Why does he have this effect on me?

I groaned and slammed my door, a little louder than I meant to. A few moments later, Mark spoke through my door.

"Ready honey?"

"Yeah," I said.

I grabbed my bag and followed him downstairs. Jaxon took my bag from me. I looked at him and his face was blank, showing no signs of what happened literally 5 minutes before. He was in professional mode. Considering my father was in the room and he did not look happy, I understood.

I walked to my father and pulled him to the side.

"Dad, why do I have to stay with Mark?"

"Stay with Mark? I was not aware of you staying with Mark."

"He pretty much ordered I stay with him. I guess you were distracted by your men when he said it. Please don't make me stay with him."

"He's successful. He has enemies. So no, you're not staying with him," he said. "Mark, son, just head on home. She's going to stay somewhere else. Somewhere no one would suspect she would be."

"What?"

"You heard him. I'll see you tomorrow Mark."

"Oh, alright." He walked toward me and kissed me dead on the mouth. I internally gagged.

When he finally pulled away and turned to the door, I vigorously rubbed my mouth. The guards all looked amused but tried to hide their amusement by turning their heads down.

"Myers."

Jaxon stepped forward. "Yes sir?"

"Take her somewhere safe."

"Where would that be sir?"

"I don't know, son. That's your job."

"The safest place I can think of is my home. No one knows me or where I live. I have no family and all my friends are standing in this living room."

"Very well. Is that okay with you sweetheart?"
Jaxon's eyes landed on me. I stared at him with wonder. I bit my lip. Jaxon's eyes flew to the gesture. When his met mine again, they held a hunger. My stomach fluttered.

"Yes, Dad. That's fine."

"Alright, it's settled. Get her to safety Myers."

"Yes sir."

Some of the guards followed my father out. Jaxon's eyes lit with amusement as soon as my father was out of sight. It was as though his barrier dropped every time my father would leave.

He smiled at me and slowly stalked toward me.
"You ready Johnson?"

"As I'll ever be Myers."

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Song: My Boy
Artist: Billie Eilish