FIFTEEN

Gave love 'bout a hundred tries (hundred tries)
Just running from the demons in your mind
Then I took yours and made 'em mine (made 'em mine)
I didn't notice 'cause my love was blind
Said I'd catch you if you fall (fall)
And if they laugh, then fuck 'em all (all)
And then I got you off your knees
Put you right back on your feet
Just so you can take advantage of me

Jaxon drove in silence. My leg was now wrapped up and ointment cream was applied. The bullet went all the way through but Lance said we didn't need to go to a hospital.

I guess he has plenty of experience in gunshot wounds as well.

Lance was leaning against the car door, asleep. I stared out of my window at the scenery passing by.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to Jaxon.

"Don't be. I get it," he said, his voice cold.

"That's not the only reason why I did it."

He barked out a sarcastic laugh. "You expect me to believe you?"

"No," I shook my head. "But I have to say this."

He didn't say anything but he nodded.

"At first, it was the plan. I was going to get you to let your guard down enough to put a sedative in your drink and then go through your phone."
I looked up at him. His grip was hard on the steering wheel. His jaw clenched. "But, tonight was about me and you. I wanted that. I didn't have a sedative. I didn't even think about the blue ey-" I stopped. "-my uncle." I corrected. "I was there with you because I wanted it. I want you, Jaxon."

"We can't Lyla. What happened tonight was a mistake."

"You don't mean that," I whimpered as a tear escaped.

"Yes I do. I don't want that with you. You just looked sexy as hell and I needed to get laid because it's been a while."

I shook my head as tears fell with more force. "Stop, please."

"You were just someone for me to take my sexual frustrations out on."

A sob escaped me as I turned back toward the window. He didn't say anything else.

I felt Lance move beside me. I turned to look at him and he was already looking at me, his eyes sad and sympathetic. He must've heard it all.
He shook his head at me. I clenched my eyebrows in confusion.

Lights flooded the car as Jaxon pulled up to a gas station. He slammed the door behind him as he headed inside.

Lance looked at me again. "He doesn't mean that."

"Yes he does," I whispered. I began sobbing again. Lance pulled me to him and I held on to his shirt as I cried. Lance cooed in my ear telling me to calm down and that it was going to be okay. I shook my head.

The driver door opened again and Jaxon got back into the car. I pulled away from Lance. Our eyes met in the mirror. His held regret and anger. I knew mine held nothing but pain and sadness. I looked away and closed my eyes as I leaned into the car door. After a while, I guess they both thought I had fallen asleep because they began talking.

"Why did you do that?" Lance growled quietly.

"Do what?"

"You know what!"

"I had to. Her father would never allow it. Besides, she was just doing it for information."

"If you truly believe that then you're a bigger dumbass than I thought," Lance said.