one

If there was one thing that Lorena was good at, it was running. So imagine her surprise when two large men caught up with her so easily and tied rope around her wrists, announcing again that she was to be taken to the forest to participate in the mating proceedings as if she didn't hear them the first time.

She thrashed about wildly, but when they dragged her past her house, kicking and screaming, she saw the looks on her parents faces and she stopped almost immediately. "Papa! Mama! Help me!"

She saw her father's heart break in two as he looked at her and she immediately felt tears well up in her own eyes. Why today of all days? Her father's birthday? "Papa..."

Her mother's shrill but somehow cold voice interrupted their exchange. "Maybe the wolf you end up with will break you in properly, seeing as we could never get you to heel." She frowned in confusion, wondering why she and her mother didn't get along, especially now, when she needed a loving mother figure to reassure her and tell her that everything was going to be okay, even when things weren't going to be okay.

She screamed and cried. "Papa, please! Don't let them take me!"

"Just do as they say, my darling dove. We will see each other again soon! I promise!" He waved reassuringly and her chest erupted into sobs, the shock of what was about to happen was sinking in: as bad as it sounded the way she put it, she was going to be raped by some male wolf that she didn't want and probably didn't suit her and was going to use her as an incubator for his pups or future heirs.

She tried fighting again, but realized she was only making a fool of herself since she had almost no fight left in her at the moment. She had almost gotten away, too. The thought of being free and not just a female werewolf used for breeding purposes wasn't even in the question anymore.

They threw her into a truck with nine other girls who looked scared out of their wits. None of them spoke for the whole ride, just staring at each other or at the floor of the truck where they were all seated. It was depressing, and even though Lorena had the will to fight, she was losing hope.

She spent the entire ride formulating a plan. She easily slid her wrists out of the ropes since they weren't being pulled so tightly anymore, but she kept the rope in her hands and kept her hands behind her, where everyone else's were.

When she felt the truck jerk to a stop and heard the sound of the two men hopping down from the truck to unload the girls, she tensed. She was getting out of there if it was the last thing she did. She wouldn't just become some compliant breeding bitch for a man that wasn't deserving of her. Never.

The second that door slid open, she jumped out, hearing the girls in the truck gasp. She ignored them and made a break for it, not really seeing what was going on, since her eyes were still adjusting and she had no clue of her current surroundings.

As she hesitated a heavy, furry body slammed into her, knocking her to the ground. She felt the wind get knocked out of her and the whole world was spinning before her eyes. The giant brown wolf dragged her back to the unloading spot by her shirt and she struggled the hardest she had the whole day.

This couldn't be happening! This was the best shot she had at getting away and she fumbled it. She threw her arms around, hoping that she would catch flesh for a painful scratch, but she never did. Next thing she knew, she was in heavy chains, sauntering along angrily at the back of the line of girls.

She noticed that the girl in front of her kept glancing back at her, trying to figure her out. She knew putting up as much of a fight as she did was extremely ballsy, but nobody was going to advocate for them! Their own alpha sold them out, so she had to do something.