thirty nine

Lorena walked around like a zombie for a few hours after that. When Orion left her room she cried so hard that she started to hyperventilate and eventually Max came along and calmed her down.

Not only was she sad, she was pissed. She hated how when she begged and fought to go home, Orion made her stay, but when she finally wants to stay, he's forcing her to leave. There was so much that she had grown excited to do.

She wanted to actually find her role in the pack. She enjoyed playing and telling stories with the children, and she couldn't wait to make actual connections with the people in the pack and help Orion run things.

She was warming up to Orion quickly, and she thought she might even love him, but now all that has been put on hold. Most likely indefinitely.

Unbeknownst to her, Orion was hating himself for his decision. He was warming up to Lorena quickly now and he couldn't stop thinking about her as he went throughout his day. Now, even though he knew he had made the right decision, it still sucked for both of them.

He had never told Lorena or anybody else, but being an alpha comes with so many different levels of anxiety, and when he found that everything about Lorena calmed him down and helped him focus on something else, he couldn't get enough of her.

Even arguing back and forth with Lorena was somewhat therapeutic, but he had no explanation for it. She just made him feel good, and he knew it was because they were mates, but he never knew it could be like this.

He told Max that he was going to tell Lorena to go beforehand, so that she could make sure to watch out for her until she left. He didn't need her doing anything crazy or wallowing in sadness because of him.

Max followed Lorena around, trying to comfort her and get her mind off of things, but Lorena was getting somewhat annoyed with her, and becoming even sadder, if that was possible. Max was the only other person here that she had made any connection with, and she actually liked her company and she had to leave her too.

She didn't do much of anything except for walk back and forth to the kitchen to find things to eat her feelings, but even that made her sad because it brought up the memory of her and Orion eating ice cream together when she first got here.

Max was going on and on about something, but Lorena stopped her mid-sentence.

"Max!" She sighed, rubbing her temples. "Can you please give me some time to myself?"

Max crossed her arms. "Why, what are you about to do?" They were currently outside, watching all of the people on the alpha's crew spar in their human and play fight in their wolf forms.

Lorena rolled her eyes dramatically. "I'm going to go back to my fucking room and pack my fucking bags."

"You kiss Orion with that potty-mouth?"

Max and Lorena both turned around to see Gen, standing there with a smug smirk on her face. Lorena shut her eyes, trying to compose herself. Just the sight of that bitch pissed her off to no end.

Max was more confrontational. "What, whore?"

Gen ignored Max and stepped between the two girls, facing Lorena. "I heard you're leaving. Couldn't stand being away from your crazy cult pack?"

Lorena didn't answer, but she turned around and started walking back to the building where her room was. Unfortunately, Gen just scoffed and followed behind her.

"Don't worry, though. I'm sure Orion won't miss you at all."

Lorena groaned. She knew Gen wasn't immature, so why was she acting like she was just for the sake of getting on her very last nerve?

"Fuck off, Gen," she warned, her wolf begging to come to the surface and end Gen once and for all.

Gen laughed and hung back a little. "Sayonara, then. Just thought I would let you know that I will be taking very good care of your mate while you're gone."

Gen turned to leave, but not quickly enough. She landed with a thud on her back with Lorena straddling her waist, the luna throwing as many punches as she could before anyone could stop her.

Max was shocked at the scene before her, but she hated Gen so much it would almost be a crime to stop it. However, she did know that someone could come along and she didn't want to be caught doing nothing.

She gave Lorena a few more seconds to do her thing before stepping in and wrapping her arms around Lorena's waist and attempting to pull her off.

The girl was all flying hands and hair as she attacked Gen, who was fighting back but not getting as many hits in as she would've liked to.

At some point, even Richard came over, but he wasn't able to do much without almost getting an arm torn off.

"Lorena, let go!"

"Gen, get up!"

There was a small crowd forming and it was getting rowdy. Neither of the girls rolling around in the grass were looking too well, but Lorena was not stopping.

"ENOUGH!"

The commotion died down quickly, and even though Lorena stopped to find out who was yelling, her grip on Gen's hair did not slip in the slightest.

Everyone looked up from the ground and saw their alpha standing there, enraged. The members of his team that were there, like Max was, bowed their heads knowing they had been caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"What on Earth is going on here?" He pushed to the middle of the circle formed around the two girls and grabbed Lorena's arm, yanking her up from the ground, and then doing the same to Gen.

Gen was hysterical, crying and trying to latch on to Orion's arm. "S-she attacked me!"

Orion's glare whipped around to his mate, but Lorena didn't back down.

"I'm not sorry for it either."

Orion tightened his grip around her arm in warning, but it seemed that Lorena didn't notice.

"Maybe next time you'll watch your whore mouth when you speak to me!"

The people standing around were emitting a chorus of snickers and gasps. Orion had had it with Lorena today. He knew why she was acting out, but it wasn'ta good excuse. "Richard, take Gen to the infirmary. Max, I'll text you what I want you to do when I get back to my office. As for the rest of you, get back to what you were doing."

The alpha started dragging Lorena along, but Lorena struggled, not wanting to go anywhere with him.

Orion stopped cold and his voice got so dangerously low, it gave Lorena goosebumps. "Do not make me do something I will regret, Lorena. This is truly the last straw."

Lorena stopped fighting, but scowled while letting him drag her along to his bedroom.