forty

Lorena was dragged into Orion's bedroom, slightly jumping when he slammed the door so hard, the walls shook. She was surprised that he didn't break the door itself.

He pushed her towards his bed and growled out a command for her to sit. She contemplated ignoring him, but then she realized that she had never seen him this angry before and wasn't about to be the one to push him into a complete rage. She huffed and sat down on his bed, crossing her arms over her chest.

Orion paced around his room for a few minutes, picking things up and cleaning the place. Lorena was confused as to what's going on, but she was somewhat hesitant to ask.

She watched him with her big brown eyes as he walked back and forth until the room was maybe a little too clean, and that's when it hit her: he probably cleaned when he was angry.

She thought it was kind of cute that when he got angry he did something constructive instead of destructive, but it was kind of hard to find it too cute since the anger was directed at her. He finally stopped pacing and shut his eyes, taking a deep breath and walking into the bathroom.

Lorena rolled her eyes. She was tired of sitting there in complete silence, waiting for Orion to pay attention to her. He entered the room again with a towel and an unopened bar of soap.

He held it out to her and nodded towards the bathroom. "Go clean yourself up."

Lorena stared at the items in his hands and looked back up at him. "Orion-"

"Don't speak. I'm too angry to listen." He shook the things in his hand at her and she grabbed them, carefully making her way to his bathroom and shutting the door behind her.

She wasted no time taking a shower, aside from the time it took her to figure out how to use his shower knobs, as they were way different from her own.

While Lorena showered, Orion was sitting in his room fuming.

At this point, what the fuck was he supposed to do with her?

She was such a loose cannon and he had no hope left in controlling her. She refused to listen and she acted out any time she didn't get her way, like a petulant child.

Maybe it's time he treated her like one.

The thought had crossed his mind almost every time she had pissed him off, but he had no desire to lay a finger on her.

This time apart from each other would do the both of them a world of good. It would be hard though, because he loved her.

He wasn't afraid to admit that.

Lorena walked back into the room, the steam from the hot shower exiting behind her. She saw Orion sitting on his bed, lost in his own thoughts. She stared at him, noting his strong jawline, strong shoulders, and that smooth, beautiful hair of his that was getting a little bit too long.

She loved looking at him. That was one thing that's been consistent since she met him. He was so beautiful, and not like a Greek god sort of beautiful, just an Orion sort of beautiful. When she looked at him, she warmed up a little inside and there was something about his eyes that made her feel safe.

She walked over to him and once beside him, tapped on his shoulder to get his attention.

He looked up in surprise and then relaxed when he realized she was done. Looking her up and down, he realized he must have been the luckiest alpha in the arena that day. She was in a towel, so he couldn't see all of her, but she had this glow about her that he couldn't miss if he wanted to. He sighed and ran a hand through his long hair, not knowing what to say to her.

They were both silent for a few moments before Lorena spoke up.

"A-are you gonna-? W-well, y'know..."

That got his attention, because his mate hardly stuttered, if at all. "Am I gonna what?"

Lorena couldn't even look him in the eye. She stared at the ground and played with her fingers. "Um..."

Orion tried to wrack his brain for a reason why Lorena was so nervous around him, but then it hit him.

He chuckled and stood up, dusting his hands off on his jeans. Lorena shrank into herself and turned red, looking away.

"I'm not going to spank you, Lorena. That's ridiculous."

He watched as she visibly relaxed, looking up at him again. "Oh."

He decided to mess with her a little more. "Should I though?"

The she-wolf's eyes widened until they were as big as saucers and she shook her head. "No!"

He shook his head, walking past her and to his drawers, pulling out some of his clothes for her to wear. "Okay, I won't. Not this time anyways."

Lorena caught on that he was playing games with her and she glared at his back, sitting down on his bed.

He brought the clothes to her and turned around so that she could put them on. Lorena quickly put the shirt and shorts on and crossed her arms over her chest. "You can turn around now."

Orion did so and smiled slightly when he saw her in his clothes. It just solidified the fact that she was undeniably his.

"What am I going to do with you, Lo?"

Lorena sat down on the bed and sighed. "I don't know."

"Why did you do it? Why did you attack Gen?"

Lorena felt the anger bubbling up inside her at her name. She doesn't remember ever hating anyone as much as she does Gen. It was more of a loathing deep down in her soul. The feeling started to dissipate when she felt Orion sit down next to her and gently grab her hand, rubbing his thumb over it.

"Relax."

Lorena took in a deep breath and sighed deeply. "I can't explain why I hate her. I just do. She irritates my entire being. She's...evil. And she keeps trying to take what's mine."

Orion nodded in understanding. "I get how you feel, but you should know that she can't have me, Lorena. We didn't work out for a reason, and we aren't getting back together. I know its instinctive for you to react to that behavior, but she's harmless. She has no power here. You are the Luna of this pack."

Lorena nodded. "Well, not for long..."

She looked extremely hurt and Orion felt like he should explain, but he doubted that his explanation would do anything to make her feel better.

"You're still the Luna, sweetheart. You just need some time away from here. I just threw you into this and you deserve a chance to think things over and be with your family. I love you, Lorena. I want you here with me, the way that I pictured this from the beginning, but you also have needs. It's no secret that you miss your family."

Lorena stopped listening after he professed his love for her. "You love me?"

Orion grinned. "Of course I do."

Lorena felt tears well up in her eyes and she wrapped her arms around him tightly. He wrapped his arms around her as well, holding her.

She sniffed. "I love you back, Orion."

They just held each other for a moment and then Orion stood and pulled her up with him.

He smiled softly and kissed her on the cheek. "It's time for you to go. Max will escort you and your family to your car."

Lorena wanted to cry, but she didn't. She trusted Orion and yes, she would miss him, but she had hope to hold on to. She would see him again.

"'Til we meet again?"

Orion paused and took in everything about her, tears trying to force their way out of his eyes. He had this moment to remember and hold on to.

He grabbed her and kissed her passionately, her returning the action. When they pulled away, Orion reluctantly let go.

"Until we meet again."