twenty six

Lorena was sitting on her bed, waiting for a sexual urge or something. Benny said that it would feel like an itch she couldn't scratch on her own, but she felt nothing yet, except for the extreme internal heat that was causing her to sweat and the slight discomfort in her abdomen.

There was a quiet knock on the door and Lorena gave permission to enter. She looked up to see who it was and sighed in relief when she saw Max. Orion had been popping in and out of her room, almost as if he was waiting for her to be desperate for him. She hadn't said much to him after Benny's diagnosis, and she didn't plan on it. She wasn't in the mood.

Max shut the door quietly and sheepishly approached the bed, considering Lorena carefully. "How are you feeling?"

The Luna sighed deeply. "Terrible. Apparently I'm in heat. Which would explain my meltdown earlier as well. I feel slightly sick for now, but I'm not feeling anything else."

Max's eyes widened. "Oh, wow. I didn't know, but now it kind of makes sense. Does Orion know?"

Lorena rolled her eyes and patted the bed next to her, beckoning Max to sit next to her. Max giggled and sat down next to her. "Orion can never mind his business, so of course he knows. It's slightly embarrassing, to be frank. This is all happening so soon. I've been here maybe a week and a half. I already have an enemy and now I'm going to have to bed a man that I'm not as close as I should be to. I wished we knew each other better, is all."

Max shrugged. "That's fair. But it's easy to get close to Orion. You have to try harder. That boy is like an open book."

Lorena nodded. She had to admit that she didn't say much to Orion unless it was a complaint. "Yeah, you're right." She pinched the bridge of her nose, her dark hair falling forward to frame her face. "I've been ignoring him since I found out the news. I thought it would be awkward, but I realize that doing that would make it worse."

Max nodded. "Yep. Listen, I promise he isn't as bad as he seems." She paused and they both sat in silence for a few minutes. "Now, what happened earlier? You looked torn up."

"Gee, thanks. Well, Gen messed my face up. All it took was one blow and she busted my lip and split the inside of my cheek. Benny helped clean me up, but it was pretty bad. After doing all that damage, the then proceeded to rub it in by telling me that I was a 'hot-headed breeder bitch'. Her words."

Max gasped in indignation as if Gen had said that to her personally. "Ugh. Fuck that bitch. Almost everyone hates her. I can't believe Orion ever dated or fucked that scum. I warned him, too. Women can sense bitchiness in other women."

Lorena's eyes damn near popped out of her head. "Orion...he fucking did what?"

Max sucked her lips into her mouth and shook her head. "Wait, nevermind you didn't hear that from me!"

Lorena felt herself get hotter with rage if that was even possible. "He's the one who put the target on my back and he didn't even say anything! He knew why Gen was targeting me!"

Max tried to backtrack and fix her mistake. "W-well maybe he tried to tell you and didn't get the chance to?" She offered.

There was another knock at the door and Lorena knew who it was immediately, she could easily recognize the scent. "Come. In."

Orion frowned in confusion at the iciness of her tone and opened the door slowly, peeking his head inside. "Is now a good time?"

Lorena rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, looking away. "Whatever."

Orion looked at Max for help, but his friend only gave him a sheepish look before getting up and making a quick exit. "You two have something to talk about now. You're welcome." She quickly left and shut the door, leaving Orion standing there, confused.