Keep Holding On. {Book 3 of You're A Dad} Chapter 3: Savannah

Hey guys! 

I've been doing some thinking lately, and I decided that I need to get my singing out there. I only have a couple options at this moment, so I was hoping that y'all could help me.

Options:

-Record a demo cd and send it to Island Def Jam Records, Hollywood Records and/or Big Machine Records (I've been thinking about this for a while)

-Take up the acoustic guitar, learn some songs and go busking in Ottawa. (singing Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and others...)

-Get people to hire me for parties or other occasions.

-Audition for TV singing shows. (The main one's here in Canada are Canadian Idol, Canada's Got Talent & The Next Star on YTV)

-Any other option that you guys have for me. (Seriously, I need all the help or advertising tips/ideas that I can get)

Comment with any of those^ IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME. :')

---

 ˖Savannah˖

I was lying down on mine and Justin’s bed when he bursts through the door and lays down next to me, taking my hand in his and intertwining our fingers together. Justin moves closer to me and kisses me on the cheek, waiting for me to say something.

“Savannah,” Justin whispers and kisses me on the cheek again. “Savannah, baby, what’s wrong?” He asks in a whisper. I wipe away my tears with my free hand and sigh.

“My mom called,” I whisper to him and he chuckles.

“Your mom isn’t a terrible person, Sav. What did she say?”

I sigh and turn to face him. “Justin, she-she-she told me that…” I start my sentence, but I burst into tears half-way through. I turn over and feel Justin place kisses up and down my neck … one of the ways in which he tries to calm me down.

“What did she tell you?” He asks and I still cry, but less this time.

“She-she-she told me that my dad died this morning,” I burst into tears again and Justin sighs, while he wipes away my tears, wraps his arms around me and starts singing quietly to me.

“You're not alone

Together we stand

I'll be by your side, you know I'll take your hand

When it gets cold

And it feels like the end

There's no place to go

You know I won't give in

No I won't give in

Keep holding on

'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through

Just stay strong

'Cause you know I'm here for you, I'm here for you

There's nothing you could say

Nothing you could do

There's no other way when it comes to the truth

So keep holding on

'Cause you know we'll make it through, we'll make it through,” He sings and plays with my hair, sitting up while pulling me onto his lap. “Are you gonna tell the kids?” Justin asked and I shake my head, wiping away the tears on my cheeks.

“N-Noah and B-Bella came home from your mom’s today with these big smiles and their faces and told me about their amazing day yesterday. And then you and Khloe come home this afternoon just all happy and I just don’t have the heart to tell them today. If you want to tell them you can, just leave me here to cry my heart out until I die.”

Justin looks at me with a look on my face that I’ve never seen before. “Savannah, I love you. I’ll love you until the day I die. I would take a bullet for you, I would do anything to see you smile and I would do anything to help you realize that you just have to stay strong. You have been blessed with so many good things and I just want you to open your eyes and realize that. I know you loved your dad a lot, but babe, you have so many things to live for,” Justin says and kisses me passionately. “I don’t ever want to hear that you’d want to cry until you die. Don’t ever say that again, okay?” He asks and I nod my head.

“Sir yes sir. But I really need some time alone. Could you go tell the kids the news and I’ll stay here and call Sel to tell her.”

***

When Selena and I were done talking, I got a text from my little sister, Kenzie, who I haven’t talked to in a long time. From what mom told me a couple months ago, Kenzie finished her last year at college and is now starting her own business … I would say what kind of business, but I wasn’t told what it was.

Kenzie: Hey Sav (: I miss you … a lot. Mom called and told me the news. We could really use this time to lean on each other for support.