Part 15

We are in New York today! The boys have their show tomorrow so Ed and I can spend time with the fam.

-
I walked out the tour bus feeling the breezy fall air hit my face. My outfit did me justice since the weather wasn't it's typical NY temperature. I didn't pack a winter coat.

-Zion came with me to see my parents

-
Zion came with me to see my parents. They were in SI for the time being they lived Brooklyn.

Z and I came out the ferry terminal. I saw my parents across the room. I ran to them with open arms. Once I reached them, we formed a tight group hug.

"We've missed you so much." My mom hugged me tightly. "I missed you guys too." I pulled out from the bear hug. Zion came up behind me.

"Caleb. How have you been." My dad asked with a smile. "It's amazing. I couldn't be more grateful." He put his arm around me.

"One more thing. We um.... dating." I held the arm that was hanging over my shoulder. All they could do was smile. "Well, if you're happy. We're happy, honey." My mom rubbed my shoulder.

"Alright children. Time to go home. Your sister is dying to see you." My dad walked us to the car. "I'm sure she is." I rolled my eyes.

-
I opened the door to my parents house. As soon as I walk in, my dog came running towards me. "Aww Zoey!" I squealed kneeling down to pet her. Zion came in after me. Zoey went nuts. He hasn't been to my house in years.

"It's nice to see you too Zo." He mumbled as Zoey licked his face.

My sister Sophie came downstairs. "Laila!" She ran to me. "Hey stink. Miss me?" I ruffled her hair. "Nope not one bit." She smirked.

"How's high school, Soph?" I sat down on the couch. "Literally Hell." She scrunched up her face coming to sit next to me. "That's life." I shrug.

_
*couple hours later*

"Anyways. I think it's time I give Z a tour of Brooklyn again." I held his hand looking up at him. Sophie cocked an eyebrow. "Are y'all dating." She pointed to us. "Mmhm." Zion kissed my cheek. "Finally. I shipped it from the start." She signed in relief.

-
Caleb and I walked down the block to go get pizza. "I used to come here after practice with my friends." I was in awe of reminiscent. "I'm gonna get us a table you order us food." Zion pecked my lips and went to find a booth.

All of a sudden I felt a tap in my shoulder. I turned thinking it was Zion, but it was my old middle school crush. "Mateo?" I was shocked. "Hey Laila." He hugged me but I stood still. All I could remember was the pain he put me through at only 13 years old.

"Um, I thought you and your family moved to Maryland. " I spoke just barely above a whisper. "We did but I'm here visiting some family." He smiled. His teeth didn't have gaps anymore. I still don't know why I used like him.

"Oh same." I awkwardly chuckle. "You look amazing by the way." He scanned my body. I became disgusted. The past years I liked him and now he wants to play with my emotions again. Bitch please.

"Thanks." I turned back to order the pizza. "Hey maybe we can catch up. Maybe like a date? Like you always wanted in middle school." He chuckled.

"Sorry I have a boyfriend." I pointed to Zion, who had been watching the entire interaction. He looked like he was going to rip Mateo's throat out.

Caleb got out of his seat and walked toward Mateo and I. "Is there a problem?" He held me by the waist. Mateo backed up. "Nope. Just saying hi to an old friend." He noticed the dramatic height difference. I glared at the lies coming from his mouth yet again.

"You should go. Your pizza gonna get cold, bro." Z shooed him away. "Yeah, um have a good one." He walked out the restaurant.

I crossed my arms and shook my head watching him leave.