Chapter 11, What Happened to Gavin?

England, 1994

"But mummy, I don't want to go to the dentist!" A little Gavin cried as his mom carried him inside.
"Gavin baby, you said your tooth hurts, we're here to get it fixed so you don't hurt anymore." Gavin's mom said, signing him in. Gavin whimpered as he sat down by his mom. There were a few toys, but Gavin wasn't focused on that, he wanted to go home. He wished he didn't say anything about his tooth to his mom. All of a sudden a woman in scrubs appeared.

"Gavin Free?" She called out. Gavin stood up with his mom. "I'm sorry ma'am, you will need to wait out here." the assistant said.  Gavin's mom looked at Gavin reassuringly. "It's going to be fine Gavin, I'll be here when you're done." His mom said, gently shoving Gavin towards the assistant.

Gavin follows the strange lady into the back. He noticed the lady was a little more round than normal, but didn't mind.

"Sit." The lady said unenthusiastically. Gavin nodded and sat down on the patient's chair. The last then put a mask on Gavin's face, over his nose. "The dentist will be in soon." She said, walking out. Gavin nervously sat on the chair. He just started to calm down when all of a sudden he saw a man walk in who was wearing a white coat.

"Hi Gavin! I'm Doctor Justin and I'll be your dentist today. Have you ever had fillings or a tooth crown before?" The doctor asked, setting up the room. Gavin shook his head. "Well, this will be fun. We're going to give you nitrous so you'll be asleep for the procedure." The dentist said. Without warning, he put the mask on Gavin, who fell asleep pretty quickly. The last thing he heard was "you'll be deep into sleep so we don't need to numb you...." and he was out.

The next thing he remembers, is shooting awake when he felt someone straddle him. Gavin opened his eyes and saw another assistant in the room, who was about 300 lbs, on top of his legs. He then felt a lot of pressure and tasted blood. Gavin let out a noise of pain.

"Relax Gavin, this parts easy. You're doing so well for someone who's having the adult treatment done." And that set Gavin into a panic. He was feeling everything. The next thing he remembers is someone saying something about the gas being turned back up, but all he heard was the sound of a drill being started.

It was coming closer

And closer

And closer

Until finally-

"GAVIN!"