« 00 »

*FIRST BOOK IN THE "FLAMES" SERIES*

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER ZERO
• ғʟᴀᴍᴇs •

═══════════════╗CHAPTER ZERO• ғʟᴀᴍᴇs •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

WARNING
This story will contain sexual content, drug use, violence, dark themes, and strong language.
If not comfortable with these things, do not read on.

>>>

"Mauricio died, Haesung, and Y/N's in danger. You're the only one I know who can help me. You were my husband's best friend. Please, you have to help me protect my daughter." Your mother pleaded.

"Isabel, you know we don't do favors. If I do this we will look like we're choosing favorites. We only protect our own. You're our ally, but-"

"Yes, I know how it works." Isabel interrupted.

"But there can be a negotiation," Haesung mentioned. "Your daughter can be a part of our mafia."

"What do you mean?"

"An arranged marriage. If your daughter marries my son Taehyung, she'll be counted as one of us."

Isabel stayed quiet for a moment while she thought about her answer.

"An arranged marriage and your daughter gets all the protection she needs." Haesung persuaded.

"Fine. An arranged marriage in exchange for the protection of my daughter." Isabel agreed.

Haesung and Isabel drove to his office where she signed the papers.

"I can't believe I just handed my own daughter over like an item." Isabel mused.

"It's for something important. Plus, the contract states that all they have to do is live together, act like a couple in public, and Y/N take our last name. They can see other people in secret and no sex is involved without the other persons' consent."

• • • •

You tried to process what your mother had just told you. You completely understood the reason—your father died and you inherited all his enemy's. Now your mother is worried they'll come for you.

But I'm young. All I want to do is go out with my friends not be married or live knowing that any day could be my last.