A Strong Scent

Light was slowly making its way back.

Breathing was slowly becoming easier.

Sensation was slowly starting to hurt.

"Fuck... me..." Jordon groaned.

He awoke on the floor of the tour bus; sweaty, sticky, and in desperate need of a shower.

With a few tries, Jordon shakily got up. Vertigo taking over momentarily. His body ached but became somewhat bearable over time.

His senses started to come back to him, starting with his sense of smell. Speaking of scent, it reeked inside the bus, as if someone took a shit, vomited on it, and cooked it in a crock pot. There was also a strong scent of cheap weed and alcohol.

Jordon took a hand towel that was in his bunk, along with his wayfarer sunglasses and Lakers snap back.

Funny, it looked a bit different from the one he wore, the fabric felt like synthetic leather, and, although it felt new, it didn't feel like it was taken care of; it felt wrinkly and somewhat damaged. Which was weird because Jordon took pride in wearing his hats.

He held onto it. Walking into the main lounge of the bus, he opened the refrigerator and examined its insides for anything to take a quick bite on.

The fridge looked like it's been through black Friday. Everything was disorganized and toppled over, some food items haven't even been closed properly, most look like they've already passed their sell-by date.

"Jesus Christ," Jordon said to himself. "the fuck happened here?"

He threw a coughing fit, the rancid stench radiating from the fridge made his soul depart from his body. He got two water bottles before closing the unholy refrigerator.

Jordon quickly opened a water bottle and drank it till it was dry, he opened the other water bottle and poured a bit on the hand towel. He used the damp towel to wipe his skin from all the grime and dirt he was covered in.

Weird, was he always this dirty? No, it can't be, even if he didn't shower for two days he wouldn't be this disgusting. Damn, he needed some deodorant stat.

He glanced over to the rest of the room, where was everybody? Normally there'd at least be a few of the members scattered here and there, not even the tour guys can be seen.

Suddenly, he heard... laughing? It sounded somewhat familiar.

Jordon followed the noise, it turned into a chorale of few, but harsh insults. There was also a strong scent of whiskey, weed, and beer, so strong that Jordon could taste it in the air.

He opened the door. Creaking loudly, Jordon took a peek inside the back lounge.

"Heyyyyy, Jordy~" Dylan called. "How's it goin', ese? We missed ya~" he winked, biting his lips.

"Hey, Dilly." Jordon stuck his hand out the door and waved.

George was lying down on the couch, upon noticing Jordon's presence he sat up and coughed a bit. "Jord!" He coughed. "Come, sit with us!" He patted the now free space for Jordon to sit on.

"Okay." Jordon meekly replied, closing the door behind him and sitting down next to his friend.

Things were very different, the lounge looked very disorganized and filthy. There were empty pizza boxes scattered across the room, rolled blunts and cigarette ash everywhere, and- dear God, is that cocaine?! Jordon shook his head, what the fuck is going on?!

His friends looked different too. George was built, one might even say muscular, he wasn't trying to hide his physique either; wearing a tight-fitting Suicide Silence T-shirt with a thick, gold chain. George was also wearing skin-tight ripped jeans. He also wasn't wearing a beanie, exposing his... not bald head, instead, an army cut.