A Hopeful Song

"Put'cha fuckin' hands up!" Aron yelled into the mic, running towards the stage right before the opening synth for Undead started playing. He waved his hands in a V-motion while singing, or, if we're being more precise, screaming the chorus.

"Put 'em up! Put 'em up! Put 'em up!" Dylan hyped, jumping up and down.

Jordon was actually surprised on how Aron didn't suck ass at singing in the chorus; his vocals actually sounded pretty close to the studio version. Sure, he's still kind of  sucking ass, but it wasn't as bad as it was compared to... previous performances. It was actually really good for the average person's standards.

George was up, a bunch of cheers and woo's were heard. His voice sounded extremely strained but it was a miracle on how he somehow managed to nail most of his parts, emphasis on "most". He did his usual one-foot-resting-on-a-speaker-and-point-the-mic-at-the-audience-or-rely-on-the-backup-vocals motif whenever he would become out of breath, which worked like a charm every time. Overall, he performed the same way he usually would.

Jordon was up. "It's fine, I know this song at least." He whispered to himself. Jordon felt his breath go shaky as he rapped his bars. He actually underestimated the volume of his voice because he was loud as fuck. Thank God no one could actually see his face because it looked like he was taking a massive shit, several veins on his forehead were popping out and his face was a bright cherry red. The adrenaline rush he got made his feet feel like air; his heart racing. The crowd's screams drowned any other possible sound that entered Jordon's ears.

Jay's turn. Jordon knew that out of everyone, Jorel always performed the best voice and stage presence wise, the bouncing motherfucker couldn't catch a break. "Let's see how well he really does." Jordon thought.

"Oh, god. Oh no..."

"What the fuck?" Jordon said out loud, pulling out his mic at the last second. "What the fuck? Yo, what the fuck?" He stopped dead at his tracks, standing in the middle of the stage. Words can't describe what Jordon was feeling when he heard Jay "rap", it was just- no.

"Is this allowed? On God?" Jordon violently shook his head, fluttering his eyes.

Oh, Dylan was there too, but nothing really changed about him.

The song was finished, now it was time for a song Jordon didn't know too well. It was called "Let's Get It Crackin'" or some shit. Jordon swears it had the exact same name as that one Deuce song, which made him extremely worried.

Ah, yes. It's a club track indeed. Jordon remembered one time, during the days when they kicked Aron out of the band, Jorel played that song once before trashing it for good. He no longer has any memory of how the song goes. But it seems good enough to be played live apparently.

"Time to bullshit your way out of this one, Terrell." Jordon hopped three times and hyped up the audience with Dylan while a synth progression was playing. Aron was hyping up the fans too while he was "singing" the chorus.

Though he didn't notice at first, but Jordon was actually singing the chorus with Aron using his "Deuce" voice. The words came out so smoothly but he didn't even know what he was saying. It felt like everything was going slow motion, he could see everyone's faces so clearly through his shades; every motion made.  

It continued like this for the rest of the concert. A song Jordon didn't know or would only be vaguely familiar would play, he'd bullshit it A.K.A. miraculously have the lyrics slip out of his mouth, he'd cringe at Jorel and be amused at Aron, and repeat. All while having his heart beat be so quick it felt non-existent. Oh, and of course, they took off their masks after the third track.