Slaves

Taehyung is in a good mood. In fact, he seems happier than Jimin's ever seen him. Hoseok explained to him that Tae gets like this when he's allowed to go into town with them, not just live on the outskirts in some barn but actually live with them in the town.

Taehyungs good mood extends to Jungkook being in a good mood, which extends to Jin being in a good mood because the maknaes are happy. This in turn extends to Namjoon constantly smiling. There's something going on there, with Jin and Namjoon, but Jimin hasn't seen them kiss or have any sort of romantic action so he doesn't question it.

Instead he stays silent as he observes men. Both Hobi and Yoongi haven't changed much despite the others obvious happiness. Hobi continues to me his loud, smiley self. Yoongi continues to glower at the others, although for once he doesn't let Jungkook hang off his arm. Instead he only allows Hoseok near him.

Jimin can't help but wonder if there's something going on there as well. From what he can tell Namjoon and Jin seem to have some sort of tension. They never allow themselves to be together one on one but always shifting towards each other like magnets.

Jungkook and Taehyung seem to be in a similar sort of situation. Taehyung doesn't have physical interactions with anyone besides Jin, but despite that he and Jungkook can almost always be found together. If it hadn't been for the way Tae looks at Jungkook, Jimin would've thought he was in love with Jin.

As for Yoongi and Hoseok... They're different from the other two pairings. Hobi tends to hug Yoongi a lot, much to the older mans displeasure, but he does that to all the boys. Yoongi tolerates Hobis presence better than all, excluding Jungkook. Even then, Jimin thinks he views Jungkook as a little brother, whereas he has no idea what Yoongi views Hobi as.

So basically Jimin is just confused as hell and doesn't know how to ask them if they're all gay.

As soon as that thought enters his head he's on the floor and giggling at himself.

"Chimmy? Are you okay?" Tae asks.

"Oh, yeah, Sorry. I was just um... thinking."

"Uh-huh, okay. It's good that you're able to think and all but if you're done can we go into town now?"

Jimin blushes, realizing the others are waiting for him. "Y-yes. I'm sorry."

"Nothing to be sorry for, Chim-ah" Namjoon says as the others move ahead. "Listen, when we go into town keep an eye on Tae, alright? He's our first priority so keep him safe." He takes Jimin's hand and places a knife in it before rejoining the others.

Jimin stares at the knife in his hands, a thousand questions on his mind, but voices none of them. Whatever's going on with Tae, he'll find out when the younger feels comfortable enough to share it. Instead he just slips the knife into his waistline and pulls the shirt over it.

He catches up to the group just before they enter the town, keeping his head down so that the soldiers at the entrance don't pay to much attention to him. Once past the guards Jimin raises his head, the town isn't anything miraculous but it's certainly at least somewhat prosperous. He mentally reminds himself to thank Jin for lending him the hat on his head, knowing that his silver-gray hair would've drawn unwanted attention.

"Oh my gods. Look Chim, there's stuff from the western coast!" Tae rushes towards a stall in the village center and Jimin doesn't have the heart to tell him that stuff is probably fake.

As Taehyung oohs and awes over the silks and dishes the others practically surround him. Jimin can't help but notice they take up what seems to be a defensive barrier. Remembering what Namjoon said he moves to join them, filling in the space between Hoseok and Yoongi.

From what he can see, Jungkook is the only one actively watching Taehyung, so Jimin takes this to mean he can look around a bit. He lets his eyes wander, interested in the many bright and beautiful stalls but knowing that most of them are probably scams. Jimin observes the temple they all seem to be leading up to, unimpressed but not surprised.

The temple is devoted to Shinga, the god of war. His view of humans was in direct contrast with the view Jimin has held since he was a child. He sees them as pawns, to be used however the strongest individual wishes.

Because of this Jimin is not surprised when he sees slaves filing out of the temple doors, empty baskets that had once held gifts for Shinga in their hands. He takes a step forward, anger thrumming through his veins, but Yoongi grabs his arm. For a moment Jimin considers ignoring him and continuing towards the slaves, but remembering that for whatever the men feel it's important to protect Taehyung he lets Yoongi pull him back.

"What the hell Chim?"

Jimin nods to where the slaves are turning down a street. "They keep slaves. You expect me to just sit back and let that happen?" For the first time since he met Yoongi his voice doesn't even shake as he's speaking to him.

Yoongi apparently recognizes this, as his eyes widen, he then narrows his eyes. "That isn't your problem."

"Maybe I should make it my problem."

"Chim. Focus on Taehyung."

"If I actually knew why-"

"Chim. Focus. On. Taehyung."

Jimin glares at the black haired man, questioning again if he should just walk away. He glances back at Taehyung, and then ant Jin. With a scowl Jimin settles back into place. Right now he has to stay loyal, he has to remember that these boys really do feel like family- the exception probably being Yoongi.