Self Preservation

Jimin can't help but be happy he's rooming with Namjoon. The taller man has been incredibly stiff since entering the town, which has been concerning to Jimin. He's learned at this point not to ask, since the last time he asked what the hell was going on Yoongi shut him up, so now he just smiles at Namjoon in silent support.

He smiles down at Jimin. "What's up?"

"Yoongi Hyung's being an ass."

Namjoon raises an eyebrow, probably surprised by Jimin's phrasing. "So nothings new? How disappointing, I was hoping Hyung was being a-"

"Don't finish that sentence!" Jin interrupts, making both of them jump in surprise, not having known the elder was coming up from behind them.. "Don't even finish the thought! You've contaminated out Chim quite enough, Namjoon."

"I have done no such thing-"

"And now you're lying to me, too. Have you no shame?" Jin collapses dramatically onto the mattress they'd been forced to share.

"How'd you get in the room?" Jimin asks.

"Namjoon forgot to lock the door." At this Jimin gives the bashful man a strong glare. "Now, if you two are quite done bashing our sweet, kind, soft, caring Yoongi-ah, we're meeting downstairs. As nice as it is to stay in an inn, we're not planning on spending forever in here."

"I think you know a different Yoongi then I do."

"Well yes, I was talking about his twin." Jin stands up. "Hey Chim, What did the grape say when it got stepped on?"

"Oh gods, Hyung, no." Namjoon says.

Jin ignores him. "Nothing, it just let out a little whine."

Against his better judgement Jimin starts giggling uncontrollably. Jin smiles at seeing this and hugs the younger excitedly. He only lets go after Jimin stops laughing, a wide smile on his face.

"Can you two hurry up now?" Jin calls as he exits the room.

Namjoon rolls his eyes once Jins back is turned to him but quickly follows the elder. Jimin gives the room a final passing glance, making sure they've left nothing behind. Once he's sure there's nothing his pulls the door closed behind him and rushes to catch up with the others. When he reaches the bottom of the stairs Jimin can see the six men surrounding a table.

He observes them for a moment, appreciative of how much they look like a family. Jin is already sat on a chair with Taehyung practically on his lap and his mouth stuffed with food. Hoseok and Jungkook are also sitting, although it looks like they've already eaten. Only Yoongi and Namjoon are standing, they hold defensive positions and carefully watch everyone on the inns ground floor.

Taehyung notices Jimin staring and waves him over. "There you are Chim!"

He makes his way down the stairs and steals the apple on Jin's plate. "Good morning. Are we heading out?"

"Yup!" Hobi stands up. "And now that you're here we can get going, unless Jin Hyung needs to continue being a glutton?"

"If I didn't have Tae on my lap right now you'd be dead. Thank Tae for saving your life."

"Thanks Tae."

"Sure thing." Taehyung gives him his signature box smile. "I didn't really mean to, but I'm happy to be of help. Now, can we get going?"

"As soon as you get your fat ass off of me."

Taehyung bolts up, indignant, and begins to rant at Jin for calling him overweight when he's quite fit. "And anyways," He says as the exit the building, "If there's anyone whose ass needs to be acknowledged, it's Chim."