Magic

All Jimin can think is that at least this time he didn't pass out. And with that his immediate assumption wasn't that he was about to die.

He's still shaken up though. He can feel it one his skin like a thick layer, and in his bones, he's different now. Whatever accursed magic was within that supernatural darkness has now settled on and in him. It's similar to how it had been before he'd been cast out of heaven, but now he's more aware of it.

It feels like a film is over him, as if his fingers were covered in oil and he was trying to grasp att fish skin. The magic is so slipped he wouldn't know it were there if not for the heaviness of his arms. It almost reminds Jimin of when he was a slave and he had to haul his heavy chains around. The magic is an non removable weight, just as those chains were.

He wants to lay there and stew in his discomfort for a while longer, but Jimin didn't come here alone. Jimin sits up and sees that not far from him Yoongi is laying spread eagle on the floor, just as he had been.

"It must have been intense for you." Jimin says.

"In-intense? That was hell. It was like giving birth but all over my body." Yoongi's voice is thick with pain, but still holds its sarcastic edge.

"Have you ever given birth?"

"No, but I can imagine!" He sits up in a movement so swift it startles Jimin. Not even a moment passes to allow them to breath before various shards of stone and pebble raise into the air and point at Yoongi threateningly, as if protecting Jimin

A heavy silence sits on their shoulders as they gape at the spectacle. "Is that you? Are you doing that." THe fire user's voice holds something similar to awe, and something even more similar to accusation.

"I- I don't know," His stutter is back. "I can't get th-the feel of the magic yet m-much less control i-it."

"Hey," Yoongi says, his voice considerably softer. "We'll figure it out. I don't feel much of a change in my gift, if any at all, so I'll have enough control to help you." He bites his lip then says in a hesitant tone. "You're one of us, so I'll help you, Jimin."

The god lets out a breathe he hadn't known he'd been holding at hearing his name. "O-okay. Thank you hyung."

"Course." He stands slowly, as if not to disturb the floating stone, and approaches Jimin.

Before he gets within range to touch the silver haired male, Jimin stands. "We should get out of here. Magic is dangerous." He doesn't wait for an answer as he moves to the doors and tries to pull one open. When that doesn't work Jimin scowls but pushes at it instead. That doesn't work either.

"Jimin, you're tired. We'll try again in the morning, for now let's just eat some food and rest up, okay?"

"Y-yeah. Okay." He squares his shoulders and turns around to face Yoongi. "We shouldn't stay in here, this room feels wrong."

The human nods. "I feel it too. And it doesn't help that it's somehow light without any windows and without the help of my powers."

"It's just the magic," But Jimin isn't so sure about that. Something about this place almost seems sentient.

"If so, I still don't trust it. This room has already been dangerous, we should leave."

Jimin agrees with Yoongi, but doesn't say as much, instead he just steps away from the door and nods to the fire user. "Lead the way hyung, and not into a more dangerous room, please."

Yoongi rolls his eyes good naturedly. "Har, har. I'll try Jimin. You try not to kill me with those new powers of yours, alright?"

He says it Jokingly but Jimin still has to work to keep the smile plastered to his face. He doesn't even have the faintest control of his gift. Nor does he know how he fits into the gods, as each one has their own specific type of magic. Jimin could accidently hurt Yoongi just bye glancing at him the wrong way, or by grabbing him too hard. That thought, reasonably, terrifies Jimin.