Loss and Lack

Welcome, Park Jimin, Savior of Humanity."

The sound of a teacup clattering onto the table is the thing Jimin can hear above the blood rushing in his ears. He feels the pulse of his veins throughout every inch of his body, reminding him at each second that something in him is fundamentally wrong. Jimin looks at the seer with wild eyes, only to realize his sight is dimming and black spots are swirling around in hypnotizing waves.

He distantly recognizes the feeling of Yoongi withdrawing his hand from where Jimin's sure he'd been squeezing the life out of it. The fire user radiates confusion and were Jimin able to he'd explain, but the roaring in his head won't stop. He tries to tell his body to move, tries to do something, but nothing's happening.

Jimin doesn't know what's wrong with him. He doesn't know what's happening. What he does know is that this seer just used his name, the very name that the gods had cursed in order to stop mortals from worshipping Jimin.

Thinking about it just makes his confusion and fear rise, but at least he can start to hear now, and his sight isn't so dim as it had been before. His heartbeat is still far too strong, and his mouth is far too parched for him to get a word out, but he's at least able to comprehend what's going on in the caravan.

Concernedly, Jimin looks to Jin. The elder is staring at his teacup- for it was him who'd dropped it -with tears streaming down his face. Namjoon had pulled him into his side and was now softly rubbing circles into his back, helping to ease his heavy breathing.

Taehyung and Jungkook just look confused, if not a little betrayed. And Hoseok is no different. The three of them trade looks among each other, then stare at Jimin and the seer. Clearly they have no idea what's going on, but they're not moving into action just yet.

Next Jimin scans over Yoongi. The hand he'd removed from Jimin's now rests on the handle of a blade, and the eyes that had held only concern are now closed off and cold.

In the time that Jimin's been a part of this group he's learned that Yoongi is closed of and distrustful, earning his respect is anything but easy. Since Jimin had taken Taehyung's gift he'd become more open, even sweet, with the silver haired man. He'd never admitted it directly but Jimin knows that seeing him put himself in danger and going through the pain of Taehyung's attack had been more than enough to convince Yoongi that Jimin was worth putting effort into becoming a friend for.

Now all that has been undone with a few simple words. With the simple admission that Jimin's name is not, in fact, 'Chim', everything has been torn apart.

Jimin steels himself and starts to slow his breath, then he gulps down all the tea in one swallow. He slams the cup back down on the table hard enough to rattle and looks the seer directly in her ancient beady eyes.

"How."

Jimin's surprised by the lack of his voice wavering and the strength that can be heard in his tone of voice. It's the first word that's been spoken since his name, as the others had noticed the tension from Jimin and the despair from Jin, and chosen to stay silent.

"There are things more ancient than the gods. There is magic that existed before them. They were once human, I have never been."

Hoseok splutters in confusion. "What the hell is going on right now?" The seer turns to him with her beady eyes. He immediately closes his mouth and gulps.

"T'would be best if I began at the beginning." Namjoon rolls his eyes at her phrasing and allows a now slightly more calm Jin to sit up so he can look Jimin over. "In the days of old, the gods were once mortal. They were made up of the most intelligent and most powerful humans to walk the earth. They coalesced far up north, where none of the normal basic humans would dare go, and began to build.