Catching Up

"So did you guys learn any cool spells in The Library?" Hobi walks backwards to ask Jimin and Yoongi, this being one of the many questions he has for the duo.

"Spells? No. I don't need spells to use ancient magic, it's only the new stuff that requires that." Jimin answers, "And anyways, Yoongi Hyung was too busy being s mother hen to invest in magic."

"Ass hat," The fire user mutters, nudging Jimin with his shoulder. "I didn't cry when we had so slaughter them for food at least."

"No, you just cried when the chicks hatched and you got to name them."

Hobi glances back and forth at their banter before turning around with a chuckle. "Looks like you guys grew close the past few months."

"How many was it exactly? Time works different there..."

"Ah, poor Jiminie, even with his godly status he can't understand the calendar," The red haired male teases, "Lets see. It's been three months, which means it's spring now and once we leave the north the weather will be much better, and the equinox is in March so we've got a good month left. About three weeks of that will be taken up by riding horseback so we've got a week to stop the end of the world."

Jimin says, "Not exactly what I asked but seeing as I still got my answer I can't complain. Why's the equinox important-"

"And since when is Hobi smart?" Yoongi buts in.

"He's not, the brat just likes to repeat what Joonie told us while we were waiting for the library doors to open." As Jin speaks he laces his hand with Namjoons, "Which also means you guys are gonna need to do a little robbery soon cause we're broke and need enough horses to travel as fast as possible down south."

"Where slavery lives strong." Namjoon says bitterly. "Being in Haverami was the worst time of my life. And that includes when I was a scholar in the most Homophobic convent on the continent."

"Speaking of which," Yoongi says, "What did you guys discover down there? If anything. I wouldn't put it past that crazy lady-" Jimin elbows him, "I mean seer, to lead you on a wild goose chase."

"Well we discovered the whole equinox thing that Hobi didn't bother to explain. Basically the gods need perfect balance to be able to perform the spell that will turn all of Humanity into mindless workers. Which means the equinox.

"Oh, and get this. Turns out those assholes also aren't as all powerful as they'd like people to believe. They need the city of Haverami to essentially spread the spell across the continent. Apparently not only is that place the slave capital of the world, it's also some sort of geographical magical megaphone. Not to mention there's a ley line that leads directly from The Library to there, in between it's basically nonexistent but Haverami's got it all!"

Jimin can practically hear the sneer dripping off his voice. It doesn't take a Genius to tell that Namjoon hates the city.

"Okay," Yoongi says hesitantly. "Sounds... fun. What about the rest of you? Was there any point to your quest thingie?"

"Not as far as we can tell." Jungkook says angrily. "Aside from being bitten by a venomous snake, falling into a pit of spike and only surviving because dead bodies softened the landing, having bats shit all over us, having to pee on a jellyfish sting only to discover that doesn't work, and countless other booby traps, it was just a regular walk in the park."

"Good news is," Jins says, facing them and winking, "Tae was so worried about Jungkook being bitten that after we found the cure that those two made out for twenty-three minutes straight."

"Eyy!" Jimin squeezes Taehyung's hands, "About time. This group finally has no more sexual tension!"

"Correction. Taehyungie has yet to grow balls and bed me so the tension has rised." Jungkooks tone is clearly bitter, the voice of someone who' waited too long to be with the person they care for. "Oh, and here's that gods damned vial. Whoever Amaphitie is, I hope she died in one od her booby traps"

Jungkook tosses a small object that glints in the light of the sun to Jimin, who catches with with a nervous cry. "Careful!" Jimin yells, "It could have broken!"

Taehyung snorts. "Nah. That stupid little bottle is indestructible."

Jimin examines it. It's about the height of his thumbnail, and no wider than his thumb at its largest point. The vial is made out of a glass-looking material, the only thing that gives away it's clearly non-glass origin being it's almost magical reflectiveness. The vials is a teardrop shape, with a pointy end and a leather thong tied around it's top that makes it an easy to wear necklace.

After having inspected it Tae's words finally register with Jimin. "Do-do I want to know how you discovered that?"

"I-well." The male looks down, embarrassed, "After discovering we passed through so many traps designed to kill us just to get an empty bottle I might have gotten the slightest bit... um... upset?"

"You tried to break the vial?" Jimin summarises.

"Oh he did more than just that," Jin says. "He threw it, stomped on it, bit it, came at it with a knife, injured himself to unleash his curse on it, used the traps on it- and it was too entertaining to even try to stop. Not to mention scary. It was scary."

Jimin glances at the rest of the group with a faint smile on his lips. He missed being with them. That time apart from them was too long, Even if he did have his lover by his side.

"It sounds like you guys had far more fun with us. What with slavery and animals out to kill you. All we did is turn me back into a god and discover how to take the magic out of an object and put it in another." Jimin's gloating with this. And he knows it. He'd wanted to give them a show of the magic he'd mastered later when they were all tired from battles, especially this trick. It's the one he used to animate the gargoyle, and to turn various dangerous artifacts into everyday objects. Still, after hearing what the rest of them had been up to he wants to be able to contribute to this mess as well.

The rest of them give his impressed looks or whine about how it's not a competition, though if it was they would've won, not him! All the while Yoongi rolls his eyes at the god and subtly moves closer so that their hands are brushing together.

"Great, now Jins gonna be trying to outdo you all day." He whispers in the gray haired man's ears.

"Mm, I'd like to see him try. After all, I've already got him beat in the boyfriend category." He says with a smirk and a wink. "Speaking of which, I bet you they won't notice unless we explicitly tell them we're together."

"Oh no you're right about that. They'll just think we're crushing on each other until they catch us making out... how long do you think we can trick them."

Jimin fakes a contemplative facial expression. "Before we arrive in Haverami."

"Nah," Yoongi smiles his signature gummy smile, "They'll be too distracted until after we defeat those puny gods."

"Mm, you're on Min Yoongi."

"I'm gonna take you down, Jiminie." The fire user quickly glances at there others before sneaking a kiss onto Jimins lips. "And then I'm gonna take you to bed." He says with a wink.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Chapter twenty! And all the ships in this fic are now canon! Ahhhhhhhhh!

I'd like to quickly apologize for taking so long to upload. If you follow my Tumblr (fanatic-domain-author) you know why. If not, You should!

Let me know what you think of this chapter! I actually think it's p good, and I'm happy cause I had to re-read the circus chapter to write it, so I got to read my personal favorite, whoo whoo.

Anyways! I hope to update way sooner after this chapter than I did after the last one, and I hope you really enjoyed this update.

Stream Mono and don't forget to love yourself ARMY's <333