Part 12

If jealousy were a word, it would be an understatement to describe the days that followed. Arnav with Lisa, and vice versa, as she trailed him like a devoted puppy wherever he ventured for work.

The wing where Arnav and Karthik dedicated their hard work became the most detested area of the company for Khushi. The reason? A certain Lisa Disousa.

On three out of five working days—Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays—Arnav Singh Raizada immersed himself in ARD. Despite collaborating with the Raichands, ARD remained his baby; his Raizada empire was undeniably his own. He spared no effort to sustain his family legacy.

However, if you observed the radiant morning countenance of Lisa Disouza on Tuesdays and Thursdays, you'd discern her unmistakable infatuation with her current boss. While unnoticed by many, Khushi Raichand certainly took notice, and it left her profoundly unsettled.

As a week passed, the thought of Lisa working in close proximity to the love of her life, became increasingly agonizing. Lisa didn't conceal her affectionate gaze when conversing with Arnav, openly flirting and igniting a burning jealousy within Khushi. Something deep inside her yearned to erase Lisa from this world.

One such morning, Khushi passed by Karthik's office and couldn't help but overhear his conversation with Naira.

Karthik chuckled, "No matter how many times you warn me, this is just too amusing. I hired a somewhat goofy-looking secretary for Arnav Bhai, hoping to stir up some jealousy with my sister. But, man, this Lisa—she's got a crazy crush on him."

Naira responded with a sarcastic eye roll, "I can see that. That's why I'm here, Karthik. This doesn't look good. Everything's fine between Bhai and Khushi; I don't think this is necessary anymore. Lisa openly makes comments at work about her time with ASR. What the hell? It'll cast him in a negative light, and what if your sister finds out? She'll be furious."

Expressing his concern, Karthik said, "That's what worries me. The woman has the audacity to make those comments. Unfortunately, I can't shut her mouth. If Bhai finds out, she's gone."

Naira nodded, "Exactly. Call Aman back; he's had enough space. Let the man take charge of work, Arnav Bhai deserves peace from this woman."

Karthik pondered, "I'll have to come up with a plan. I can't just fire her without any reason. I need to figure something out before it spirals out of control."

Khushi rolled her eyes, "Oh, now they can see. I'm going to grill you alive Karthik Raichand. Let me deal with her first."

~~~~~~

Raichand Manson

'Hey,' Khushi hugged his tired body. He scanned her in sheer amusement and replied, 'How was your day?'

Arnav sighed, 'Tiring,' and hugged her back, inhaling her sweet scent. 'Ugh, you smell amazing, Khush,' he added, making her chuckle. 'Someone's in a good mood today.'

'I am,' Khushi replied, 'you're here right now with me. Why would I not be?' She cupped his face lovingly.

'Is everything alright?' Arnav chuckled.

'Yeah, why?' Khushi frowned innocently.

'You've been quite distant for the past week,' Arnav observed.

'No, not at all. I've just been working really hard on something. Work stresses me out, you know. I'm glad I have Rohan; he's really efficient.' She led him to the dining hall.

'Yeah, and I have Lisa,' Arnav muttered, rolling his eyes in annoyance. Khushi heard him and chuckled.

'That you do.'