Part 19

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow across the coast

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow across the coast. The air was infused with the scent of saltwater, and a gentle breeze carried the promise of a beautiful union. Against the backdrop of the rolling waves, an intricately decorated altar stood, adorned in a serene white theme.

Majestic white flowers, meticulously arranged, cascaded down the sides of the altar like a floral waterfall. Jasmine vines hung delicately, releasing their sweet fragrance into the air. Sheer white drapes billowed in the breeze, framing the sacred space and adding an ethereal touch.

In the center, an ornate white mandap stood proudly, its pillars adorned with intricate floral garlands. A net of green leaves overhead, reminiscent of a gentle sail capturing the essence of the seaside setting. The pristine color palette extended to every detail – from the cushions lining the seating to the delicate table settings adorned with seashells and candles.

As the waves whispered their blessings, the altar stood as a testament to the love that would soon be celebrated under the vast canvas of the open sky. The altar exuded elegance, serenity, and the promise of a blissful journey unfolding by the sea.

Arnav and Kabir surveyed the grand culmination of the impromptu emergency wedding, thoroughly content with the meticulous arrangements.

Kabir remarked, "If you had told me I'd be attending a family wedding just 24 hours ago, I would have burst into laughter." His comment elicited a chuckle from Arnav.

Arnav responded with a tranquil smile, "Believe me, I understand the sentiment."

Kabir, with a deliberate throat clearing, inquired, "Out of curiosity, your selection of color palette is quite fascinating, considering red was traditionally associated with you."

Arnav affirmed, "Initially, the inclination was towards traditional red, but this choice feels impeccable." Reflecting on the moment when Khushi entrusted him with the arrangements, he recalled, "While planning, I hesitated briefly. Eventually, after contemplation, I settled on a white beach wedding. White, with its serene aura, symbolizes freedom, peace, and harmony—pleasing to the eyes. It encapsulates everything I seek in my marriage." With satisfaction evident, he concluded, "It's perfect."

Kabir conveyed with heartfelt sentiment, "It transcends perfection, Arnav, and you look truly remarkable." He smiled as Arnav admired his cream sherwani embellished with delicate chikankari. Paired with a verdant necklace, the embodiment of traditional grace, Arnav radiated an undeniable charm as the groom. The sherwani, a work of art, reflected the significance of the moment, enhancing the beauty of the occasion with its nuanced and captivating details.

Arnav chuckled, "And you seem too youthful to be this little laddoo's dad." His gaze shifted to one-year-old Shanaya, who, with her enchanting hazel eyes, observed the decorations in pure wonder. Cloaked in a pristine white frock, she exuded undeniable adorableness. As Shanaya extended her tiny hands toward Arnav, silently signaling a desire to be held, her innocent charm added an extra layer of sweetness to the scene.