True Crescent

I'm in the Bayou with Hayley and Eve who I just met told me she's helping Hayley with contractions.

I sit beside Hayley in a wooden chair holding her hand and for a werewolf her grip is tight.

Eve: That's it. Inhale and release.

Hayley: I guess this means no epidural, huh? You sure I can't do this thing in, say, a hospital? The place with the doctors and the drugs?

I look at Eve: I totally agree.

Eve: Honey, the werewolves have been having babies out here since before you guys were born. Stop worrying.

Hayley: Okay. Then what, Eve? I don't even know what it's like to have a mother, let alone be one.

I slightly nod agreeing with her.

Eve: Trust me, when the time comes, you'll know exactly what to do.

Hayley: I hope so. As fun as it is to image Klaus changing dirty diapers, I'm pretty sure that I'll be doing this alone.

I laugh at the thought of Klaus changing diapers.

Eve: I somehow doubt that.

I smile at Hayley: I plan on staying longer than I should. You got the pack and me.

Then Elijah comes in and we all look at him.

Elijah: Pardon the interruption. I wonder if I might have a quick word with the conspirators of a supposed uprising.

Hayley and I make our way outside to see Jackson and Oliver waiting for us. Then Elijah begins to talk about some things I don't even know about.

Elijah: You're making a grave mistake.

Oliver: So, you're just worried about us. Is that it?

Jackson: Look, Elijah. We know all about your brother's reputation, but if there is even a chance that these rings can help us take control of our curse --

Oliver: -- Our gift --

Jackson: --Then, honestly, we don't care what he's really after. Won't have to.

Elijah: I see. There are those in the Quarter who will consider this a great provocation.

Oliver: Apparently, most of them see us breathing the same way.

Elijah looks at Hayley: You signed a pledge, and you looked me in the eye as you did so.

Hayley: We don't want a fight, Elijah. We just want a better life.

Elijah: Allegiance with my brother will guarantee you anything but that.

I look at Hayley: What rings.

Jackson: It'll help control our cu-gift. I was going to surprise you. You wouldn't have to change anymore.

I smile at the thought then look at Elijah: Sorry Eli.

Then all of a sudden we hear the sound of a motorbike approaching.

Jackson: What the hell?

I stand back as I watch Elijah and Jackson walk up to the man on the bike.

MAN: Which one of you is in charge?

JACKSON: Who's asking?

Somethings not right with the man it's just a feeling I have. Hayley and I start to walk up and then BOOM. An explosion. I'm thrown back by it and when your Angel Gilbert or a Gilbert period you have no luck. I land in a pile of fucking wood and there two sticks that went through my back and stuck in my stomach. One is grazing my heart.