10

Ja-kyung's POV

Listening to dad and Namjoon talk about the horrible things that happened to my mom made me cry, I wish so much that she was here and alive so that my uncles wouldn't have lived with the pain of her loss and the absence of Namjoon. I guess everything has a reason for happening in life. After the reminiscing of the story, I asked so many questions, the big question that remained unanswered was why Namjoon had to do time for protecting mom.

"The police didn't find any evidence, nothing at all and all the blame was on me," Namjoon sighed.

"Ja-kyung, I wanted so bad to have raised you myself, I regret that I was not there for you, to see you grow up. I hope that your mother is not upset about how things turned out," Namjoon had tears brimming at the corners of his eyes trying not to cry.

I get up from my seat and sat next to him and held his hands in mine. It felt different but right that I was holding his hand. Like it was something I was missing in my life. I looked at him as he whipped his tears.

"Namjoon, I believe everything happens for a reason. I know it was horrible on your part, and it's something that we can't change. I want you to know that I had an amazing childhood, nothing but all the love from all the boys. I still have a lot of growing up to do, and you can now start watching me grow, I know it's not the same but we can take this as a miracle. Please don't say that mom is upset at you, she could never be upset with you. She loved you with all her heart, her whole being. She said so many times in the letter she wrote. I know for a fact that she's up there watching us and she watched you and I know she thinks you are the strongest person she's ever known," I spoke out as Namjoon broke down and I hugged him.

"Everything is fine, we are perfectly fine," I pulled away from him.

"You guys raised a beautiful intelligent girl, who has a wonderful way with words. Thank you, Ja-kyung," Namjoon wiped his tears.

"Of course," I smiled, my phone started ringing and I took it from my back pocket and it was Ethan.

"Can I be excused? It's a friend," I politely ask and the boys' nod and I go out in the backyard.

J= Ja-kyung

E= Ethan

J- Hey Ethan what's up?

E- It's been a day and you didn't call, I guess it went well?

J- Sorry it's been pretty weird I guess

E- How come?

J- Well the story that I'm being told about everything, what my grandfather did to my mom it's horrifying, and just getting to know my actual father it's also weird.

E- I bet, so how are you holding up?

J- Pretty good I guess, my uncles seem so much happier now that he is back. Like they've been missing a part of themselves, I mean they are practically brothers as of what I hear from these stories. Everything is sort of the same, just I don't know whether to call Yoongi, dad or, Namjoon, dad. I don't want to hurt Yoongi's feelings, but Namjoon has missed my entire life and I think that me calling him dad would make him feel more whole again.

E- I see where you are coming from, I would wait a little bit, or talk to them about it. I'm sure they will understand that this is a confusing time for you. I mean if you want things easier just call them both dad, you know Yoongi did raise you

J- Yeah and I'd get teased more at school

E- I'd give them a piece of my mind

J- Thank's Ethan, I'm sure I will figure something out. I'll let you know if something happens

E- Alright, I'll see you soon, bye

J- bye

After I hung up, I went back inside to the boys laughing. It's good seeing them this happy, I've never seen them this happy. I put my phone away and went back to the group and was pulled into Hoseok's lap.

"Ja-kyung, tell Namjoon who your favorite uncle is, it's me right?" Uncle Hoseok tickles me.

"S-stop you know I-I hate being tickled," I squirmed.

"Everyone knows it's me, I mean how can I not be the favorite," Jin confidently says and starts tickling me as well, and all the boys joined.

"I-if you don't S-stop none of you a-are my favorite," I kept laughing as they quickly stop and apologize.

"I hate you all," I huffed catching my breath.

"No you don't you love us," Uncle Jimin pokes my nose.

"So are you going to tell us?" Uncle Hoseok asks.

"Wow look at the time," I looked at my wrist and got up.

"Sit down you don't even wear watches," Jin pulls me in his lap trapping me from leaving.

"You know I love you all equally, I can't pick," I pout as they wait patiently to hear who my favorite is.

"This isn't the answer we are looking for. I want to be your favorite," Hoseok sassed.

"Well, you're going to have to live with the fact that you all are my favorite," I crossed my arms.

"Not true," dad says and I give him a look.

"Stop," I smiled and gritted through my teeth.

"I personally don't know what he is talking about," I nervously laugh.

"Ever since you were little you always told me "Uncle Kookie is my favorite, and Uncle TaeTae is a close second"," Dad says throwing me under the bus.

"Ja-kyung get off of me," Uncle Jin said harshly

"You know I love you," I said hugging him, but he didn't budge.

"Fine, I'll sit with someone who does love me," I stand up only to be pulled down again.

"No I'm kidding I do love you,' Jin hugged me tightly.

"Yeah, that's what I thought," I laughed.

"I do love you all though okay, don't think that I don't because I do," I reassured them.

"Well it's good to know I am the favorite," Uncle Kookie smirked. I get out of Jin's embrace and sat next to Uncle Kookie and Uncle TaeTae.

"This is our child, we raised her," Uncle TaeTae said as both Kookie and TaeTae hug me.

"I think you're forgetting an important person who raised her," Dad puts his hand on his chest like he's hurt.

"You know I love you too, don't give me that pout," I say as dad sits me next to him and Namjoon. I noticed Namjoon was very quiet and looked sad, I grabbed his hand and he looked at me.

"I love you too," I lightly say.

A/N i've finally come back from the dead, I'm super sorry that i took long to update i've been annoyingly busy. I'll be updating this book, my monsta x book, and officially publishing my Kun book from NCT

:)