Chapter 6

Just an FYI, if you guys liked the flash backs I'm thinking of doing more! There is SO MUCH history between Carrie and Kevin and of course her and Angel but if you guys aren't into it or maybe feel it takes away from the current plots let me know! I mean I could even do a side story thingy of flashbacks or something! Xoxo

Carrie sat in her SUV a few blocks from Felipe's waiting for a text from Angel. He was at the yard, closing up for the night for Chucky, and told her to swing by since he was alone.

"I feel special," she joked. Carrie was trying not to let her negative feelings from Felipe's visit seep into her conversation with Angel. She knew she had to tell him about Joey but it was not the right time. "I finally get to be here."

"Only when everyone's gone," he laughed, hooking his arm around her and leading her into the clubhouse.

"Where is everyone?"

"Riz is at Vicki's," Angel explained, "I dunno where EZ is, or Coco or Gilly," he shrugged. "Guess that's why I'm here and no one else. They all got shit to do."

"Lucky for me," she said, sitting at the bar as he walked around to grab them each a beer.

"How long you got?" Angel asked, popping the cap off a bottle and tossing it into the bin.

Carrie should have been home already but she didn't care. "Not too long, just one beer."

"Just one beer never works for us," he said, opening a second bottle. "What's up? You said you wanted to talk?" Standing behind the bar, leaning with one hand against the wood, Angel brought his beer to his lips and never took his eyes off her.

"Yeah," she was visibly anxious. "You know, I think I'm going to tell Kevin we should separate."

"Shit," he looked genuinely surprised. "Do I have to ask why?"

Carrie laughed a little. "Everything aside, I just don't want to be married to him. I don't think I ever did, not the way a wife should at least." Looking at him expectantly, Carrie hoped he'd mention their relationship first.

"Probably a good move," he said casually. "You know, EZ saw your car at my place. I had to tell him something."

"Something or everything?"

"Everything." He watched for any sign of disapproval but there were none, he just didn't know it was because she'd already spilled her guts to EZ herself. "He's not gonna say anything."

"Oh, no, I trust him," she said with a chuckle. "How'd he take it?"

Angel laughed. "He was fucking surprised but he was good with it, I told him how important you are. He's happy cause I'm happy," Angel said.

"I'm glad he's happy for you," she said with a smile.

"He did mention something, got me thinking," he was approaching it so cautiously not knowing how badly she wanted this to discuss the same topic. "We been doing this for too long, Car. You leaving Kevin, that got anything to do with us?"

"Yes," she said quickly. "I don't want this to end. Shit, Angel, I was never exactly content with him but if there was no you I'd have no idea how much was missing from the relationship."

Wetting his bottom lip, his tongue lingering in the corner of his mouth for a moment, he smirked with a sense of excitement and pride.

"You know, you two split and you can come around whenever you want," he told her.

"Oh, I'll have access to the spoils of the Mayans' clubhouse?" She feigned excitement. "I'll file for divorce right away!"

"You're a fucking smartass," he growled playfully.