Chapter 7

Angel was excited, in fact, he was ecstatic, and even as he and the others walked in to meet Galindo with someone waiting on the pew, he was still overjoyed. He hadn't even had the chance to tell EZ before they arrived but now he wouldn't get the opportunity. Angel came around the large pole with his brothers to see Carrie on the pew, bound tight, her face wet with tears and smeared makeup.

"Yo," Angel snapped. "What is this? Let her go!"

Galindo smirked a little. "Ah, well, I guess I don't need to ask who knows our guest."

"I know her," Angel said, standing between Carrie and Galindo. "She's with me." When he moved to release her, Nestor, her Good Samaritan from the night before, grabbed Angel and held him roughly against the cement pillar. "What the fuck is this?" Angel roared as he struggled.

"Did you know about Angel's girlfriend?" Galindo asked Bishop.

"No," he said, furious for a number of reasons not least of all Angel's lack of transparency. "But I trust Angel."

"What is your name?" Galindo asked Carrie with a little smile.

"Ca-Carrie Jimenez," she sputtered.

Angel huffed, realizing now what the problem was, and tried to interrupt. "It ain't like that, she's been with me for years, before she even married him."

"Married who?" Bishop seethed.

Galindo turned to look at Carrie and asked smugly. "Who?"

"Kevin Jimenez," she replied.

"You're leaving out the best part," Galindo said, relishing the moment.

Carrie looked at Angel, ashamed as she answered, "DEA Special Agent Kevin Jimenez."

The Mayans all held firm, not reacting outwardly to the revelation, but inside they were all furious with Angel, especially Bishop.

"But we're separated," she added quickly. "I haven't told him anything. Nothing. I wouldn't hurt Angel or the club."

"You see why this is a problem for me, si?" Galindo asked Bishop.

"I do," Bishop nodded. "But this?" He gestured to Angel and Carrie, "You see this is a problem for us, si?"

Galindo pursed his lips then nodded at Nestor and said, "Let Angel go."

"And her," Angel growled.

Ignoring Angel, Galindo strolled casually closer to Carrie and lifted her chin to force her to look at him.

"Are you feeding information on my business to your husband?"

"No," she whimpered.

"Is anyone?" He added.

"No," she shook her head. "Where's my son?" She pleaded. "Please, where is he?"

"He's safe," Miguel assured her. "Sweet little Joseph Jimenez."

EZ came in, after finishing a task for the club, and immediately felt his heart stop. He didn't show it, he went to his brother's side. "What's going on?"

"They know about her and Kevin," Angel grumbled. It wasn't enough information to ease EZ's fears though.

EZ wondered how he could quickly contact Emily but it seemed impossible. There was no way she could know what Miguel was doing, was there? He hoped if she did know she would have voiced her disapproval but he couldn't be so sure.

"You proved your point," Bishop barked. "Let her go."

"I need some assurances," Miguel said, dropping his casual smug act. "Even if she's not working against you, word of this gets out about them and I can guarantee the Mayans will have more than their share of extra attention."