Chapter 31

*Flashback - 24 Hours Before*

"What is this shit?" Angel huffed angrily from the corner of the prison cell he was sharing with EZ. "No warrants, nothing. Why'd they pick us up?"

EZ shook his head. "Don't know. Can't be good."

"Never fucking is anymore," Angel complained. "Every goddamn time something bad happens," he stopped as Lincoln Potter entered lock up, "This asshole pops up."

"Long time, no see," Potter said with a smirk. "Did you miss me?"

"What do you want?" EZ asked forcefully.

"I know what he wants," Angel said.

"I've given you ample time to decide," Potter sang

Angel glared down his nose at Potter.

"You could stay in here while Carrie gives birth," Potter told him. "She's currently in labor and waiting for you."

"Bullshit," Angel snapped.

"You don't think I have eyes on you?" He asked seriously. "The moment she called her doctor I had you picked up. I've been waiting and waiting almost as eagerly as you two have been for the joyous birth of Agent Jimenez's baby." Potter waited for Angel to catch the words. "Ah, yes, she did tell me she wasn't sure if she was going to tell you or was it not to tell you myself?" He shrugged, "I don't remember."

"I'm done," Angel snarled. "You let us out now and I'll hand deliver Galindo's partner."

"What?" EZ looked at Angel urgently. "You don't even know if Carrie's really in labor!"

"Don't matter. I'm not protecting her anymore," Angel bluffed. "I'll take you to her right now."

Potter smiled. "I'll have you released. Looks like my little plan worked," he said smugly.

"What are you doing?" EZ asked angrily once Potter walked away. "Selling Adelita out isn't going to end this."

"I'm not," Angel snapped. "I'm not you. I've been waiting for this shit, waiting for him to make a move. I am gonna end it."

"How?" EZ asked.

Angel shook his head when an officer came to let them out. "Only way I can."

They got their things and were met at impound by Potter himself. He pointed at EZ. "You can run along, baby brother. I know better than to be outnumbered."

EZ gave Angel a panicked look but the elder Reyes simply nodded. "Go."

"I have other assurances in place as well," he said to Angel. "I don't suggest attempting to use your brain now, you've done so well without I wouldn't want you to ruin the streak."

*Present*

Carrie was crushed Angel wasn't there. She was scared, angry, too but she was also thankful for the time without him. The baby was just about a day old, and the Reyes brothers missing for 48 when Felipe returned to the hospital. It was all he could do and he knew Carrie needed someone with her.

"You're up," he said as a greeting. "How are you feeling?"

"Concerned, conflicted," she answered honestly. "You?"

Felipe just shook his head solemnly. "Have you decided on a name?"

Closing her eyes, Carrie nodded. "Mm-hmm."

"What is it?"

She hesitated. "I umm, I don't want you to be mad or offended."

"Offended?" He grumbled. "I'm not sure I understand."