Chapter 12

It wasn't hard for Angel to find EZ. When he left his little brother was at the clubhouse and when Angel returned EZ was still there.

"We gotta talk," Angel growled quietly. "Outside. Now."

EZ looked around the clubhouse suspiciously but no one noticed the exchange, Angel made sure of it.

"What is it?" EZ asked as he met Angel outside.

"Come with me," he gestured to his brother.

They moved down some rows of mangled cars and heaps of metal until they were out of sight of the others. Angel glared at EZ for a long moment before throwing a solid jab and hitting EZ straight in the nose. The younger Reyes fell onto the ground with a grunt, blood already dripping from his nose. 

"You made a deal." He said, sorrow and rage dripping from each word. "You lied to me!"

EZ's head snapped up. "What?"

"You fucking betrayed me!" Angel huffed, grabbing EZ and pulling him back to his feet. "My own brother sold me out, used me, for the fucking DEA."

"Who told you?" He asked, receiving another forceful punch to the face before an actual answer

"Our cousin," Angel snapped as EZ fell to the ground again. "The asshole fed you sold me out to."

"I didn't sell you out," EZ tried to explain. "I told him-"

"Oh the protection clause?" Angel balked. "Carrie told me. That don't mean shit!" He snarled. "Angel I wanna be with you and Pop. I wanna be a part of something. Maybe there's a spot for me in the club," he mocked his brother. "You. Lied. To. Me."

"Angel," EZ was silenced by a swift kick to the ribs.

"We gonna finish this later," Angel spat, knowing he had very little time. "Anyone hear about Galindo?"

"Devante called," EZ groaned. "Border Patrol has him, it's not DEA, it was random."

"So that means it ain't you," Angel hissed. "Guess you gotta earn some more points another way."

"It also means Carrie's safe," EZ said, still on the ground but kneeling upright.

"No it doesn't," he snapped. "Galindo isn't gonna risk that," Angel mused. "Don't matter, DEA, Border Patrol, FBI, it's all too close. She's not safe, not yet."

"Where is she?" EZ asked with concern knowing Angel was right. Galindo wasn't the kind of man who didn't tidy up, he made sure everything was neat and handled.

"Shut up!" Angel yelled.

"I'm sorry," EZ said sadly. "Angel, I'm sorry."

Angel shook his head, spitting at the ground near EZ and turned his back on him. "Yeah, me too."

When Angel left Carrie's she was stuck, alone, with Kevin. Doing as Angel asked, locking everything up, Carrie went into the kitchen and poured herself a drink. She could hear Kevin moving around on the second floor, each step making her stomach turn, while the baby monitor remained silent.

"Boy can sleep through anything," she sighed.

Carrie went through one glass of bourbon quickly and as she was pouring another she heard Kevin's feet on the steps. She didn't turn to look at him as he entered the kitchen, standing right in the doorway.

"We gonna talk?"

"No," she said, her fingers gripping the edge of the counter.

"Do you still love him?"