Chapter 11

Just so you guys know, I started a little flashback story for Angel, Carrie and Kevin. If you're interested in that messy ass history go check it out! It's just called Blood & Water Flashback One Shots!

Angel got the text a little less than an hour after Carrie had sent it and that length of time only made him more worried. He called her quickly but it went right to voicemail, as he feared, so Angel felt he had no other option than to head up to the house.

Arriving as quickly as possible, Angel found the house lit up and the front door unlocked. Slipping his hand in his kutte and resting it on his gun he stepped into the house.

"Car?" He said quietly knowing Kevin was there but no one replied. Checking the first level of the house he found no one and no hints as to what the big emergency could have been.

Angel opened his mouth again to call out to Carrie, louder this time, but jammed it shut again when he saw Kevin at the top of the steps on the phone.

"I need to talk to him," Kevin said forcefully. "In person or on the phone, Galindo is MIA. I need this information, it'll buy him time and get this asshole off my back."

Pulling his gun, Angel aimed it at his cousin, and debated killing him right then while he had the chance. That was only until Kevin mentioned Galindo though. Angel kept his finger on the trigger but relaxed it and listened.

"When can you reach him?"..."Felipe, this could be dangerous for my family and yours. I need EZ to contact me, tonight, it's in everybody's best interest."

"EZ?" Angel said, confused and now scared for an entirely new reason.

Hearing those two syllables, Kevin turned and looked at Angel in disbelief. "Angel? What are you doing here?"

"What's going on with EZ?"

"Nothing," Kevin said quickly.

"Was that my pop?"

"No."

"You're lying!" Angel raised his voice which alerted Carrie to his presence in the house.

"What are you doing here?" Kevin asked Angel, calmer than most would be with a gun pointed at them.

Angel scowled, glaring silently at Kevin with his trigger finger twitching. "What's going on? What's going on with my brother? Why were you talking to my pop?"

"Hey," Carrie said sharply. "Jesus, Angel," she inhaled sharply. "Put the gun down. Please."

Looking at her for just a second he could see how upset she was and he knew he added to that exponentially. Angel relaxed his arm, hanging it at his side again, but kept his gun out.

"What are you doing in my house?" Kevin asked him growing more angry.

"EZ sent me," he obviously lied.

"No he didn't," Kevin huffed.

"Are you okay?" Angel quickly asked Carrie.

She nodded. "I'm fine."

"Then tell me what's going on," he said to her forcefully. "Carrie. Please."

Kevin looked at Carrie, dumbfounded by the way Angel spoke to her, and furrowed his brow as he tried to make sense of it. He truly didn't suspect cheating, there were no clues that he noticed and Angel was family. It seemed impossible.

"Angel," her voice was mousy and weak. "I-"

"What is this?" Kevin asked angrily, looking back and forth between them.

"I'm in love with your wife," Angel snapped, "Been for years. What was that call?" He was cruel with his word choice because he was angry but he didn't regret it yet.

"You're in love with Carrie?" Kevin was baffled, he never saw it coming, he never suspected it.

"Who was that on the phone?" Angel asked, pointing the gun at Kevin again.

"Felipe," Kevin said, his voice was distant as he tried to understand what Angel had told him. "I'm...I'm trying to find your brother." Looking at Carrie, Kevin could see in her eyes that Angel's feelings were not unrequited. "How long?"

"Kevin," she whimpered.

"She wouldn't see me," Angel lied but only to protect Carrie, not to spare Kevin's feelings. "What do you want with EZ?"

"He made a deal," Kevin mumbled.

"Kevin," Carrie shoved him.

"A deal?" Angel's shoulders slumped as he felt the disappointment betrayal weigh on him.

"To get out early he made a deal, he's," Kevin was silenced by a heavy slap to the face. The loud crack startled all three of them, his skin instantly turned red almost the exact shade as Carrie's stinging palm. 

Angel looked at Carrie. "Did you know?"

"It's not the MC. It's about Galindo. "There was protection clause for you and the club, nothing could touch you. It's always been about Galindo, Angel."

Hanging his head, Angel finally put his gun away and stepped back a few feet. "EZ made a deal to get outta Stockton. He asked to prospect to get information for you?"

Kevin nodded.

"Kevin, Jesus Christ. Stop," Carrie whinnied.

Angel left the house quickly with Carrie running after him. "Go home," he told her.

"Angel. Stop." She shouted.

"What?" He turned and looked at her with such disdain.  "What?!"

"I'm sorry." She whispered. "I was trying to protect him. I was trying to protect you!"

"Protect me?" He snarled. "Anyone finds out about this shit and I'm on the hook just as much as my brother! You think they're gonna believe I didn't know? That I was this fucking stupid?!"

"Angel," she cried. "Please."

"What's the emergency?" He asked her, shifting focus to save himself and her from anymore fighting in the middle of the street.

"Galindo is gone," she said, realizing she'd forgotten all about the text from earlier. "Kevin thinks he was arrested and if he was he's coming after me and you."

"Fuck!" Angel roared. "Get back in the house, lock shit up, don't let Kevin leave you alone." He turned and went back toward his bike.

"Where are you going?"

"I gotta find my fucking baby brother," he spat bitterly.

"Angel what are you gonna do?" She said, hurrying toward him to keep him from leaving. "Please don't hurt him."

Silently he clipped his helmet and put on his clear riding glasses. "When did you know?"

"About the deal?"

"Yeah."

"About two months," she shrugged. "I didn't know until it was a done, I didn't know he only decided to prospect for the deal. I thought," she shook her head. "I thought they approached him after." Carrie huffed. "I'm sorry, Angel. It's obvious now, I just, I didn't know and I didn't ask. I just wanted to protect him from the DEA and everything else. I know how much you love him, I love him, I didn't want to see someone else you love get hurt."

Angel nodded, refusing to make eye contact with her, and started his engine. "Get inside. I'll let you know what I find out."

"I love you," she sobbed.

Grabbing her, rougher than usual, Angel kissed her hard then pressed his forehead to hers. "I love you, mi dulce," he said before taking off down the street.

Vote and comment, please! Thanks everyone! Xoxo