Chapter Five ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇsKILL OR BE KILLED

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇs
KILL OR BE KILLED

Dear diary,

I know I haven't written in you much, but that's because I didn't know what to write. Everything has changed. For the good, for the bad. Everything we thought we once knew actually became reality, and now, one of my best friends is a vampire. Our evil doppelgänger turned her. That was a message.

Game on.

She's playing games with us. That's what Katherine Pierce does; she plays games. She likes to torment others for fun. For her own amusement. She already has taken Jeremy, stabbed Stefan, and tried to be Elena and I multiple times. Worst of all, she killed my best friend. If I had the chance to kill her, I would take it and stab a stake through her heart. Send her straight back to Hell. Even Jeremy knows about the vampires now. Now he's in this world because of us. Because we were trying to protect him from all of it. It's only a matter of time before someone else gets hurt. I hope that is not a possibility.

ARIA SHOVED HER JOURNAL in the drawer of her vanity and headed to the bathroom. She tied her straight hair in a bun, and opened the door. She began to brush her teeth, and then washed her face.

The door opened, and Elena walked in. "Hey," Aria smiled a little. "Hey," Elena frowned. "So... it's true. You and Stefan?" Aria squirted toothpaste on her brush. "I really don't feel like talking about it," she sighed. "Okay, I'm just asking." "Well, stop asking."

"Jeez. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." Elena ignored her sister's comment, and started her morning routine. "I can't believe Tyler Lockwood is a werewolf," Tyler said, coming in the bathroom. "We're not sure about that yet," Aria said. "Anything we know for sure is that Mason Lockwood is." "It should be easy enough for us to figure it out." Aria and Elena turned to Jeremy.

"There is no us. I said that I wouldn't keep things from you anymore. That doesn't mean that I want you involved in it." Elena said. "By definition of being in this family, I'm involved." Jeremy said. "He has a point," Aria whispered. "This is dangerous, Jeremy. You have to stay out of it, okay?" "Elena, I'm sure Jeremy can make his own decisions. He isn't a kid anymore," Aria said. Jeremy smiled a little.

"Alright, just saying."

Jeremy left the bathroom, and Aria was about to put the toothbrush in her mouth before Elena spoke. "He can make his own decisions? Are you crazy? He's just a kid." "You can't control everyone, Elena. Nobody likes a control freak." Elena looked down.

"Wow, that's nice. And here I thought you changed."

She looked up at her twin. Aria pursed her lips in a thin line. "You can't control everybody. Especially me." Aria stormed out of the bathroom and slammed her door shut. "This day is turning out to be great." She muttered, and went to get dressed for the day.