Chapter Eleven ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇsBY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇs
BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON

ARIA AND BONNIE WERE sitting on Aria's bed.

The Bennett witch brought the moonstone over, the rock which Aria despised the most. She twirled it around in the palm of her hand, feeling the cool surface of the rock on her skin. It was pretty, she had to admit, but all of her problems were also a cause of this one piece of shit stone. "Now that you've got this back, What are you going to do with it?" Aria looked at her friend. 

"Right now it is what's binding the sun and the moon curse. If I can figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone, the stone becomes useless." Aria nodded. "And according to Katherine, Klaus becomes vengeful." "Maybe if he finds out," Bonnie said. "Bonnie, can't this wait? My best friend is stuck in the tomb with Katherine. We've got to get him out of there. I can't imagine what Elena is feeling right now." 

"Stefan wants me to focus on this." Aria rolled her eyes. "Don't listen to him. He thinks that he's protecting me from all of this but he's wrong. He has no idea how wrong he is." Bonnie sighed. "I'm taking Stefan's side with this one. We're not gonna let you get used in some creepy sacrifice ritual." "You're not listening-" Jeremy stood in the doorway, arms folded. Bonnie took the stone from Aria's hand.

"What are you guys arguing about?" The boy asked.

"Oh, we're not arguing," Bonnie said, looking at him.

"Yeah... We're just talking." "Uh, hmm," Jeremy nodded. "I need coffee." Bonnie said quickly, taking the stone away from Aria and putting it in her purse pocket. Standing up from the bed, Aria faced her brother. He watched Bonnie leave the room and turned to look at his sister. "What are you staring at?" Aria asked, after Jeremy stood there staring at her for a while. "Why are you on a suicide mission?"

"I'm trying to prevent everyone else from getting hurt."

"How's bringing Klaus the moonstone so you can get yourself killed is okay?"

"Why do you ask so many questions?" Aria quickly grabbed the stone from Bonnie's bag and hid it in her back pocket. She walked to the door but before she could walk out Jeremy stopped her. "You shouldn't be so hard on Ric. He's just protecting you like the rest of us are. Don't cut him out of your life. Who's next, me? Elena or bonnie? Caroline and Stefan?" "Last time I checked, you didn't give a damn about Alaric and mine's relationship." "I do care, and I know he cares about you. When you're with him everything is different. Even I can tell. Just because this is happening... don't cut him out, Aria."

"My relationship with Alaric is none of your business. If you think you're being helpful you're wrong. You're just making it worse." Walking past her brother, she headed down the stairs and grabbed her coat off of the coat rack. Shrugging it on, Elena walked in then. Pulling out the car keys she put a scarf around her neck. "Where are you going?" Elena asked. "To visit Stefan. I'm sure he would like some company considering the only company he has is the rotting corpse named Katherine, who by the way I still hate."