Chapter Ten ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇs
THE SACRIFICE

A FEW DAYS AFTER Aria spent a couple of nights at Ric's place then she decided to come home.

That night when he dropped her off he decided to spend the night. Aria wanted him to be there. She didn't want him to leave. Sounds clingy, but it's the truth. The two were rounded up in Aria's bedroom, and it was probably around 1:00 am, did they care?

No. She needed to spend as much time with him as possible. Who knows how much longer she will have moments like this with him. She didn't want to think like that way, but it was hard not to. Whatever was going to happen to her was not something she or her friends could stop. It was only a matter of time before she was out of this world for good. "Hey, what are you thinking about in that pretty head of yours?" Alaric asked.

Her eyes flickered to his. "Not much. I'm trying not to think about the fact that I'm going to die soon. To be honest, I can't stop thinking about it. What do you think it's like out there? Well, up there, I guess. Peaceful? No big bad vampires out there to get me. I could see my parents again..."

Alaric turned in the bed facing her. "Hey, don't even think that way. I'm not going to let anything happen to you." "This is nothing you can stop, Ric. If this whole Klaus thing is true, then we're all screwed. All of us." 

"I promise you, I will not let anything bad happen to you." Aria looked down. "You can't make promises that you can't keep." She whispered. He took her hands in his, and the two sat up in the bed. "I love you," Alaric said, moving her hair off her shoulders.

"I love you, too." She frowned. "Hey," Alaric said, putting his index finger under her chin. "I love you."

She nodded, tears prickling her eyes but none of them dropped. Instead she kissed him deeply, pushing him on his back and running her hands through his luscious hair. Alaric's hands ran down her stomach, and down her sides. He lifted up his t-shirt she was wearing, and felt along the inside of her thighs. Aria pulled back, smiling. "What?" He asked, his hand on her cheek. A grin formed on her face. "Want some chunky monkey?" "Right now?" He chuckled.

Aria nodded. "Yes, I want ice cream. Who knows how much longer I'll be able to eat it." She muttered so he wouldn't hear.

Grabbing his hand, she pulled him from the bed and brought him down stairs. Good thing Jenna was off doing a work thing tonight. Heading in the kitchen, Aria opened the freezer and pulled the ice cream out.

Alaric grabbed two bowls and two spoons. Aria opened the lid to the ice cream and smiled. He placed the spoons in the bowl and Aria used a separate one to scoop the ice cream. After putting a few scoops in the bowls, Alaric put it back in the freezer and shut it. Aria smiled down at her food and Alaric chuckled. They headed back up the stairs, and Elena stopped in her tracks. Aria cleared her throat, and smiled. "Elena," Alaric said. Aria ate a spoonful of ice cream before it started melting. "I- I heard something." She seemed freaked out.

"That was us. I'm sorry," Aria said, looking down. A wave of awkward silence went by. Aria licked her lips, looking at the naked Alaric beside her. (He was in his boxers, but still) "Everything ok?" Aria asked.

"Well, I'm naked so I'm gonna go," Alaric said, heading to Aria's room. Aria smiled and nodded.

It was awkward to say the least. When Alaric left, Elena smiled at her sister. "I'm sorry, El. We didn't mean to-" "It's okay, A. Don't worry about it, okay?"