Chapter Twelve ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇs
THE DESCENT

ARIA AND ELENA MET at the stairs in the boarding house. She wanted to see Rose today for some odd reason. She was growing on her, which was unexpected. "Hey," Aria said. "Hey," Elena said back.

"What'd he say?" "Well, he doesn't like the fact that you made a deal with Elijah." Aria rolled her eyes.

"No, shit." Elena sighed. "Look, Aria, you know you can talk to me about Alaric, right?"

"No, I can't talk about Ric because every time I do, I have the urge to run to his apartment and kiss him. So please, let's not talk about him, okay? Understood?" Elena nodded, and didn't say anything.

"Good." Is all she said. "I'm gonna go find Damon. Come with?"

"Of course." Elena and Aria made there way to Damon and Rose. Damon was looking at the wolf bite that Rose had. Aria tried not to look scared. She turned away and tried to not look as noticeable that she was. The wound on Rose's shoulder made her want to barf. She felt bad for thinking like that, but it wasn't her fault she hated blood so much. "Definitely better. Right, Elena, Aria?" The two nodded simultaneously. "Yes, much better," Aria lied. In fact it was much worse. Much, much worse. "Uh, it's not bad," Elena said when Rose looked at her. "Where's Stefan?" Damon asked. 

"He left. I need you to talk to him. He's convinced that he has to find Isobel but Aria thinks it's going to upset Elijah." "No, can do. Sorry Aria, I'm with Stefan on this one. But if you two could play nurse for a little while..." Aria looked at Rose. She really didn't want to babysit a sick vampire. Who knew they could get sick in the first place? What a strange, chaotic world they live in. "It's not necessary," Rose said. Aria played with her fingers. "It is necessary. Elena and Aria are do-gooders. It's in their nature, they can't resist." 

Damon left the room, and Aria licked her lips. Aria ran to quickly join Damon, and Elena stayed behind with Rose. "Damon," she said, grabbing his arm. He turned around. "Is Rose gonna die?" She whispered.

"Probably. The wolf bite caused some kind of infection and it's getting worse." She frowned. "Like poison?" "I don't know, Aria. I'm not on the expert field. And by the way, why'd you end it with Ric?"

"That's none of your business. Anyways, I'm sorry."

Damon wondered how the girl could let Ric go after everything they've been through. Then he realized that she was scared. "Death happens. We come, we go. Sooner she dies the better. It's gloomy as hell in here." 

-

"I hate this. I'm a vampire, I've haven't had a cold in five centuries." Rose was telling Aria, as she was tucking her in bed. "I think everyone hates colds. You'd be called crazy if you didn't." Rose laid her head on Damon's pillow, and Aria sat on the bed and criss crossed her legs to talk to Rose. "We don't get sick. When we die, it's fast and sudden and it's certainly not drawn in illness." She was saying.

"Hey, you're not gonna die. You hear me?" Rose looked at her. "I won't let you." "What happened to you hating me?" "I never hated you, Rose. I was scared. Anyone would be scared of being kidnapped. I put myself in someone else's shoes for once and thought of the situation you and Trevor were in. It must've been awful running for 500 years, not being able to live your life even though you have eternity. It must've been exhausting." "It was. Very exhausting." "I could never hate you," Aria smiled a little, touching her hand which was freezing cold. She pulled away suddenly. "I wish we have more time to be friends," she said. Aria frowned. "You're not gonna die. You don't know that." "A werewolf bite is fatal to vampires, Aria. I don't know how much longer I have. Can I ask you something?" Aria nodded.