Chapter Twenty One ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇsTHE SUN ALSO RISES

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇs
THE SUN ALSO RISES

SHE WAS FORCED TO watch her aunt in transition. This was all her fault. Her aunt was dying because of her. They sat on the ground together. Aria wasn't saying much. "Oh, my head. What's wrong with me?" Jenna asked, placing a hand on her head.

Aria frowned. "Do you remember anything that happened?" She asked. "You called me. You were so scared, I should have realized it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me. A vampire." "Klaus. It was Klaus," she hissed.

"He made me drink his blood and I... I don't remember anything after that." She muttered. Jenna took in her surroundings. "Where are we? What happened?" "We're at the quarry. He brought us here." "Why don't I remember anything?" Aria placed a hand on Jenna's arm. "Jenna, do you remember... when I told you how someone becomes a vampire?" Aria's throat tightened at the thought.

"Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system... it's, oh god. He killed me." "Jenna, listen to me. Everything's going to be ok. I'm going to get you out of here." "I'm a vampire?" Jenna asked, shocked.

Greta arrived with a smirk plastered on her face.

"And I bet you're hungry." Aria saw a rock on the floor and tried rushing over to it. Greta throws her across the ground with her magic and creates a circle of fire around Aria and Jenna. Aria gasped. Fear rushed through her bones. It was happening. It was actually happening. Aria tried stepping over the fire, but it was like there was a seal hovering around her.

There was no way to get out. "Don't bother trying to get through. I spelled the circle. You're trapped, no matter what you do." Greta said. Aria glared. "Just let her go, please," she cried. "Let her go." "Klaus chose her." "I don't care who Klaus chooses. I want her out of here, now." Ignoring her sentence, Greta sliced her arm with a rock and made her way over to Jenna. "Drink it." Jenna stared at the blood, her eyes turning a red colour. "Jenna, don't!" Aria yelled. "I can't," Jenna shook her head, tears in her eyes. "Let her go. Hey!" Aria screamed as loud as she could, though Greta still didn't do anything. Jenna drank the blood from Greta's wrist. "No!" She yelled, forcing herself to stand up. "That's enough," Greta said. "Look at me. Hey, look at me," Aria said.

Jenna turned her head, her face is a vampire. "It's gonna be ok. It's gonna be ok."

-

Jenna and Aria stood in separate circles of fire. Aria couldn't stop pacing and thinking about what's going to happen next. "How are you feeling?" Aria asked, biting her lip. "I feel like myself... only not. Everything's brighter. The fires hotter. Part of me is terrified, but there's another part of me that doesn't feel anything," she explained. "Vampires can turn off the part that's human. The part that hurts," Aria said. "I'm gonna die, aren't I?" Aria sat on the ground, shaking her head. "No! Jen, I'm not going to let that happen. I don't care what I have to do. I'll never let you die." Suddenly someone screamed.