Chapter Twenty ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇs
THE LAST DAY

"TONIGHT IS THE FULL moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse," Elijah was saying. "Aria said that the sun and the moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus?" Stefan asked. "Klaus is a vampire born out of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... then he'll be a true hybrid," Aria said. Damon rejoined. "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today with Bonnie." Aria shook her head. "Damon..." Stefan said, shaking his head as well. "No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying," Elena said. "I will not let that happen." Aria says. "I'll write her a great eulogy."

Aria glared. "Not an option, Damon."

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asked. Everyone was wondering the same thing.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straight forward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know," Elijah said. "The stupid moonstone," Aria muttered, shaking her head. "A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound with the stone. After that Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." He was saying.

"And where do I fit into this?" Aria asked. "The final part of the ritual." Elijah took a wooden box from the shelf.

"Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger.... to the point of your death." Aria felt her eyes drift to the ground. "That sounds like fun..." Aria muttered, frowning. Damon looked at Aria. "And that's where you come in," she said. "This is an elixir that I required some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation." "So I'll just be dead?" She was confused. This thing Elijah had for her was supposed to bring her back to life? "And then you won't." "That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon asked, glaring. "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?" "Those rings only work on humans. The doppelgängers supernatural occurrence. Odds are, the ring won't work," Elijah said. "I'll take those odds over your elixir. What if it doesn't work, Aria?"

"Then I'll die."

Damon glared, mad, and walked away from them once again. Aria sighed and turned to Elijah. "Do we know if Klaus has everything to do this? Does he have a werewolf?" Stefan wrapped an arm around Elena, who's been frequently quiet. "Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years.

If he doesn't already have a werewolf, my guess is by tonight, he will."

-

Heading to the library to see Elijah. Aria made her way in and found him by one of the desks. "You'd think he'd understand to why I'm willing to do this." She spoke. "Why are you?" The original asked, turning around to face her. Aria sighed. "To protect my sister so she doesn't have to. We're the key to breaking the curse, better me than her. Klaus is here because of us. If I don't stop him, then he's going to hurt people I love. It's that simple." "You know, there's a possibility the elixir won't work. I don't want to mislead you," Elijah said. "I know the chance I'm taking," she nodded, pursing her lips. "Jenna, put the crossbow down, ok? It's me." "Ric?" Aria whispered, her legs already sprinting to the hallway.

Her heart was thumping out of her chest rapidly. It couldn't of been him, could it? She met with Jenna by the hallway, her eyes landed on the crossbow pointed to Ric's body. "Jenna!" She yelled, taking the crossbow from her. "Ric?" Aria whispered. "Stay away from me," Jenna said. "Get behind me. We don't know if it's him for sure." Aria said, aiming the bow at him. She felt the familiar eyes stare into her but she couldn't been sure. It could've been Klaus, they couldn't be too careful.