Chapter Sixteen ✓

ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ ᴅɪᴀʀɪᴇs
THE HOUSE GUEST

THE NEXT MORNING ARIA did not want to wake up for school. Her plan was to fight, but what was the point of doing assignments when it was pointless? Sighing, she rolled out of bed and she sat straight. She stepped out of her bed and got dressed for the day. Throwing her hair in a bun, she slipped on her shoes and grabbed her things. Walking into the kitchen, she grabbed herself an apple from the fruit bowl. John walked in then, and started his morning routine with coffee. "Morning. You want a ride to school?" John asked.

"I'm good. I can take my own car." "Okay, if you say so." John smiled, and Aria noticed he had the ring that brought him back to life. "What are you doing with Alaric's ring?" Aria took another look at his finger. It was his ring. Why did he have it? "I made him give it back to me." "What? Why? What happens if a vampire kills him? He'll be dead." "This was the ring your mother gave me. It was mine in the first place, and I wanted it back." Aria frowned, looking down. "You still care for him, don't you?" Aria's eyes met John. "I'll always care about him. Not that you approved."

"No, I didn't approve. Because he was your teacher, Aria. That doesn't happen in the real world." "The real world? We live in a world where vampires and werewolves exists. Oh, and let's not forget about witches. Being with Alaric was the best thing that ever happened to me. I don't care if you approved, or if anyone did for that matter. I loved him and I still do." "I know, I'm sorry for bringing it up. I-" Aria looked at the time. "I don't have time for this. I have to go." She said, and took her apple with her to the car.

Starting the ignition, and backed out of the driveway to make her way to school. When Aria pulled into a parking spot, she noticed Stefan and Elena were right next to her. "This is bullshit," she said, turning the car off and stepping out. "Hey," Aria said to Stefan and Elena. "Hey, I was gonna offer you a ride this morning but-" "It's fine, I can drive myself." Aria smiled. She walked over to them after locking her car. "I'll um, be in class." Stefan smiled, giving Elena a kiss on the cheek once he took off inside. Elena sighed and walked over to her twin. "So... Caroline and Bonnie are coming over tonight. We're gonna do a girls night since we haven't done that forever." Elena said.

"Sounds cool." Aria said simply. "Hey, you okay?" Elena asked.

"I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be? I'm completely, totally, fine." Aria licked her lips, staring off into space. "I should probably tell you another thing... Katherine's back. She's out of the tomb. She pretended to be me this morning at the boarding house." Aria's eyes widened. "Excuse me?!" She yelled. A few students turned her way. "What are you starting at?" She snapped, narrowing her eyes at them. "Are you sure you're alright?" Elena asked, touching her arm. Ever since John brought Alaric up this morning she couldn't stop thinking about him.

Feeling bad about ending things with him, wishing they were like the way they used to be. "I'm just... I can't believe Katherine's back." "I know, me neither. Damon nearly choked me to death thinking I was her." "Oh, my god. Are you okay?" "I'll live." The bell rang. Aria shook her head.

"This is such bullshit. Remind me why I need to be here again?" Aria asked as they walked to the front door. "Because you're fighting, remember? You're living your life no matter what, and doing that you need to get back into your old routine. Why don't you go talk to Alaric after lunch? He really misses you." 

"I should talk to him. Lately I've been feeling like I need to." She frowned. "I think that's a good idea."

Elena smiled a little, linked arms with Aria, and they walked in the main hall in the school. "Time for hell," Aria muttered. It was most definitely, deja vu. And not the good kind.