II

I woke up with a splitting headache. My head was pounding. My stomach started turning. I rushed off to the bathroom and spilled my guts out. I sat on the floor and took a breath. I felt TERRIBLE. I went to the kitchen and got a wet towel to try and cool me down. I searched like a mad woman for some medicine. I didn't find any.

I sighed and decided I needed to go out and get some. I threw on some leggings and a shirt. I remembered to grab a coat before I walked out. I could have walked to the store but I didn't feel awake enough to do so.

I parked the car and shuffled into the convenience store. I was the only one. I didn't know what to get so I asked the lady at the desk. She seemed wise.

"Excuse me, do you know the best medicine for headaches, fever, and throwing up?" I asked a bit desperate. The lady looked up and laughed a bit. She walked away from the desk and went to the medicine isle with me behind her.

"Here." She said. She handed .e a small box. Upon reading it it was a pregnancy test.

Before I could say anything she spoke. "Also, your husband should be buying you these things." The woman pushed her greying whisps back. She was maybe 50. She seemed a bit sassy but I liked that.

"My husband's away for a while. Also, I am not pregnant." I said. I couldn't believe she thought I was pregnant.

She chuckled then responded, "You are, I promise. Your symptoms look different than a normal headache and fever. I was in your boat as well." I sighed and followed her to the checkout.

While I checked out she started talking again. "Is he doing service?" She asked.

"Who? Oh, my husband. No he is on tour. He is an idol." I said. I grabbed my bag and started to walk out.

"I understand. If you need me here is my number. I have been in a situation like yours and I wished I had help. I would like to be that help for you." She said. She was a bit strange. Why did she care so much? You did appreciate it though. So, you thanked her and went home.

You ran upstairs and took the test. After waiting a bit it came out.

Positive.