Chapter Six

The next morning Draco found himself alone. He got up from the floor, and walked to the bathroom. Looking into the mirror, he saw a boy he hardly recognized. He had messy long blonde hair, lightly tanned skin and dark bags underneath his eyes. To be honest with himself, he looked terrible.
Draco slowly got undressed, and stepped into the tub, turning on the showerhead, and washing away the memories of night before.
Once he was done and dressed in fresh clothes, he headed downstairs to the kitchen.
Potter stumbled in as soon as he was about to make a cup of tea.
“Morning,” Draco said.
“M...or...ning.”
“Are you hungry? Want anything to drink?”
Potter nodded.
“Okay just sit at the table and I'll make us some breakfast.”
As soon as Potter left, Draco began pulling food out of the fridge.
He grabbed two eggs and cracked them into a pan. Waited for a minute before flipping it into the air so that it landed on it's other side. Once it was done, he placed it onto a place, and spread some shredded cheese on top. He did the same thing with another two eggs.
Draco walked into the dining room, placing one plate in front of Potter and one across.
Then he went back to the kitchen and grabbed silverware, along with two glasses of pumpkin juice.
After handing Potter his glass and silverware, Draco sat down and began to eat.
Once he was finish he looked up only to find that Potter hasn't touched any of his food.
“Potter, what's wrong?”
“No...th...ing.”
Draco watched as Potter continued to stare at his plate.
“Seriously Potter, what is it?”
N...night...mare.”
“Do you want to talk about it?”
Potter hesitated, before nodding.
“Sh...ot.”
“Okay…”
“Be...for.”
“You mean you were shot before you turned?”
“Ye...s.”
“Do you remember who did it?”
“Ye...s.”
He whispered something that Draco couldn't understand.
“What?”
“Re...d...h...air.”
To say that Draco was shocked was a understatement.
The Weasel did it, he thought. Potter's best friend.
“Why the bloody hell did he do that?”
“I...wa...s...bi...t.”
“So what, he wanted to kill you before you turned?! That's so fucked up!”
“It...hur...t.”
Draco watched as a few tears fell from Potter's eyes.
“Come along Potter,” he said, standing up, and pushing in his chair. “Let's go make you feel better, maybe even teach you how to speak.”

“Potter?”
“Yes?”
“Do you feel better now?”
“Yes...thank...you.”
Draco smiled to himself. Let's see the Weasel do that, he thought.
“Mal...foy?”
“Malfoy,” he corrected.
“Malfoy?”
“Yes?”
“Can...we...go...outside?”
“Where would we go?”
“Park.”
“I'm not sure if you know this or not Potter but the park is sure to be crawling with infected. You may be able to go there but I'll surely get attacked as soon as I’m seen”
“I...will...tell...them...not...to.”
“Oh, you can speak zombie now?”
“Yes.”
“Smart ass,” Draco said smiling.
Potter laughed, and Draco decided he rather liked the sound of it.