Chapter 4 - Exhausted

I closed the door and we both started to run out of here.

- I can't believe this... Uraraka said.

Tears were forming into her eyes.

- We've become what we hate! There is no turning back now! she said while crying.

I was so sad the normally cheery and joyful Uraraka was like this. I approached her and... hugged her. I rested my head on her head and she hugged me back.

- Don't worry, we will get out of this situation, even if it takes days, weeks, months or even years, I will never give up, I said, trying to encourage her.
- You're right, she said, crying a little less now. I will never give up either!

I backed away from her and flashed a smile. She smiled back at me, still a little sad.

- Well, my mom will be worried if I don't get back anytime soon, I said. Goodnight Uraraka!
- Bye Midoriya! Oh and you can call me Ochako, you know...
- Oh, of-of course! You can call me Izuku too then!

She laughed nervously.

- A-alright! Goodbye! she said while running in the direction of her home.

I smiled but as soon as I was alone, the heavy reality came back to me.

[Time skip to tomorrow]

I woke up, feeling really tired. It was 1 a.m. when I came back and I couldn't sleep. My mom asked me a million questions but I made sure to answer something that would make sense. I hated lying to her, but it was the right thing to do.

I went to school, but it felt more like I was dragging myself to school to be honest. When I arrived there, I saw Ura- Ochako entering the school as well.

- Hey Ochako! I said.

She got surprised and turned back to me.

- Oh! Hey Izuku!
- How are you feeling? I asked.
- Tired, I did not get any sleep, she said.
- Same for me, I said while yawning. And we still need to go there after school...
- Ugh, don't remind me, she said.

And we entered class. Everyone was already seated.

- Midoriya! Uraraka! You both are late! said Iida.
- I'm so sorry! I said.
- Me too! replied Ochako back.
- It's fine, just go to your seats before Mr. Aizawa comes.

I went to my seat and prepared myself before the class begins.

- Hey, Midoriya! I heard.

It was Sero, beside me, who was talking to me.

- Are you ok? You look tired.
- Oh, yeah, I am. I just didn't get a lot of sleep last night, I said while smiling nervously.
- Oh, it's ok. Try to get some more tonight! he said to me with a smile.
- Thanks for the advice Sero! I said with a little smile.

I sighed and started to look out of the window. I thought about what happened yesterday non stop since it happened. "I'm basically betraying everyone. Fantastic." I thought.

After a few minutes, Aizawa came and class started.

[Time skip to after school]

I waited for Uraraka in front of the school. I waved at my classmates who were also going home while waiting. When she finally came, we started to walk toward the bar.

We walked in silence. We didn't know what we will need to do.

As we were getting closer, I could feel myself getting more and more nervous. When we arrived in front of the door, the guy was already waiting for us.

- You took your sweet time, he said in a low voice.
- We-we came back after school, j-just like you wa-anted! I said.
- Ugh, whatever. I have a job for you both.

He waved at us to come in. The purple mist guy was behind the counter.

- I am Shigaraki by the way, and this is Kurogiri. Now, for the job.

He let out a quick laugh, which made me frown.

- You need to kill these three people, he said while showing us some pictures.

My heart skipped more than one beat. K-kill?

- W-what do-do you me-mean? I asked.
- It means that you've got to assassinate them, are you freaking dumb or what? he screamed at me.

He stood up and looked down on us.

- And if you don't complete the task, you don't want to know the consequences.

I shivered. Next, he told us information on the people who we had to kill. I felt sick, knowing we had no choice, no way out. And this made me so mad...

- Now go, and don't come back until you're both done, is it clear? he said in a menacing way.
- Y-yes, muttered Ochaco.
- Oh and wear this, if you don't want to be recognized.

He threw both of us a similar costume.

I put it on. It was a barman costume, with a black mask that covered my whole face but the eyes and wore black gloves. I really looked like a... villain. Ochako had a similar outfit.

- You will need this, he said, handing out both of us... knives.

He laughed at our panicked expressions.

- Now go! And don't you dare fuck this up! he screamed.

We both ran out of the bar like our life depended on it.

As soon as we got out, I threw the knife on the floor.

- I don't want to do this Izuku... said Ochako with a trembling voice and tears in her eyes.
- Me neither. We are supposed to be heros, not villains! I said, feeling my eyes getting filled with tears too.

We both sat on the floor for about 15 minutes. We both had time to calm down. I was staring at the wall in front of me, lost in thoughts, while Ochako was doing the same thing, her head leaned onto my shoulder.

- Let's just do it, she suddenly said.

I got suprised at what she said.

But... she was right. We HAD to do it. I hated to admit it, but the lives of our friends are more important.

- Let's get this over with, I said.

[...]