Chapter 18 - Scars

[Smol chapter (880 words instead of 1100-1200 words), sorry :3]

-

I put on my mask and mouth gear and followed Kirishima inside the building to our weapon.

- Ya got a plan? he asked.
- Yeah. We are against Bakugo and Todoroki, which most likely means that Todoroki will come for the weapon while Bakugo will stay and fight.
- Do you want me to protect the weapon?
- Yes. With your hardening, you will easily break Todoroki's ice. And he won't be using his fire, because if he does, the "bomb" may explode, and we will win.
- I can break his ice!
- Yeah.
- Alright! You take care of Bakugo, right?
- Yes, I'll protect the weapon from the outside.
- Nice plan dude! Let's go!

Kirishima stayed here. He started using the objects around him to protect the fake bomb in the middle while I walked throught the corridors.

That's when I heard the siren go off, meaning that the heroes had entered the building.

I heard loud explosions coming from a place.

I hid behind a corner and waited for him to arrive.

As he passed, I was about to hit him, but he predicted my move and used an explosion.

- Here you are, Deku!
- Kacchan.

I kept a straight look, kind of villain like.

[What he looks like except he has his villain costume and has green eyes

[What he looks like except he has his villain costume and has green eyes.]

- Can you even see anything with that thing, loser?
- Yes, I answered.

He started to attack me eith explosions, which I dodged. But he was quick and some actually got to hit me and pierce through my uniform.

- C'm'here, Deku! Don't run away.

I took a few steps back and, gathering my strenght, landed a huge blow in the air.

- Detroit SMASH!

I controlled it so that it wouldn't go over 30%. A huge wind blowed Kacchan back a few meters.

- Tch, I heard him say.

He continued to attack me, using new moves I had never seen before. I was struggling to keep up.

"No holding back now, I guess."

I used One for All: Full Cowl and jumped. And then, screaming Earth Smash, I slammed my fists onto the floor. This time, Kacchan flew all the way back into the wall. He was knocked unconscious.

I sighed and ran to where Kirishima was.

When I got there, I noticed that Kirishima was struggling.

- Midoriya!

He was stuck into some ice. I punched the ice and he got out.

Todoroki shot a wave of ice at me. I got my foot stuck in it, but I quickly got it out.

- Air Kick!

I threw a kick, but Todoroki dodged it. Fun fact: It was Ochako who named that kick.

We continued to fight until we were told we had only a minute left.

"Time for the final."

- New York Smash! I screamed.

I landed a powerful punch, who threw Todoroki back, knoocking him out. But, it damaged my hand. I had used 50%, which was too much. But I had to, because 40% punches wouldn't knock him out.

I panted, holding my arm. The whole sleeve had burned.

- We won! said Kirishima.
- Yeah! I said with an enthusiastic voice.
- Bakubro sure didn't miss you! Make sure to visit Recovery Girl, he told me.
- Sure.

We heard All Might annouce that the winners were the villains.

I got out of the building and made my way back to the rest of the class.

- Izuku! screamed Ochako.

She ran to my side.

- Are you ok?
- Yeah, I just used it too much.
- It even burned the costume, damn!

She started touching my arm to see where it hurts. In the back, our classmates were looking at us with a "I-ship-it" look.

- W-why are you looking at us like t-that! I said.
- Oh, nothing, said Jirou.

The class laughed.

Aizawa came in.

- Bakugo and Todoroki are okay. The activity is over now.

Before we made out way back to the lockers, everyone got back on their mistakes and strengths with All Might.

As everyone left, All Might asked me to stay.

- What's wrong? I asked, worried.
- Oh, nothing! You did wonderful earlier. I just want to know... at what percentage are you?
- I'm at 40%, I can raise it to 50% percents but it leaves a little bit of damage.
- Oh, alright. Good job, Young Midoriya! I am proud of you!
- T-Thank you All Might.

He smiled and I smiled back at him before going to the lockers room.

- Hey Midoriya! What did All Might had to tell you? asked Iida.
- Oh, nothing important, just some things about the costume they are making right now, I lied.
- Oh! Okay then.

I undressed and when I removed my shirt, the room fell silent.

- Midoriya, your back... said Kirishima sadly.

I looked down.

- It's ok, it doesn't hurt. It's all in the past now! I said with a smile.

They remained silent but still had worried faces. I hurried myself to put on my uniform and got out.

Outside, Ochako was waiting for me.

- There you are! she said, seeing me.

She walked next to me. We walked for a few minutes in silence.

- What's wrong? I asked. You're never that silent.
- The girls, they saw the scars.
- Same on my side, I told them not to worry.
- I told them that too, but they wouldn't listen.
- It'll eventually be forgotten, I said.

I smiled at her. She smiled back at me a little.

- Let's hope so, she said.