Chapter 5 - A Horrible Mission

We both arrived at the place Shigaraki told us to go to.

I started to look around for the three people he told us to... assassinate.

- T-they are here, my companion said.

I looked at where she was pointing and I saw them. And all of a sudden, my knees started to shake.

We both started to make our way to them, secretly, following the plan we made.

I had difficulty to breath.

I arrived behind one person.

And...

Stabbed him in the back...

I heard a choked scream and the man fell face first on the floor.

He was dead.

I dropped my knife, shocked at what I just did.

- No...

I felt like throwing up. My vision became blurry and my head started to spin.

I ran to the place me and Ochako agreed to meet to after we were done and threw up, leaned against a wall. A few seconds later, I heard Ochako's footsteps coming.

- Oh my god... No...

She started crying. I approached her and hugged her.

And then I started to cry myself.

- It's gonna be ok... I tried to reassure her.
- This is torture, she said with a trembling voice.

I did not say anything. Instead, I stood up and reached out my hand to her. She took it and we began to walk back to the bar. It took us about 30 minutes.

I knocked on the door. But then a flash came back to me.

The third person.

There were only two people... where was the third one?

I started to panic. But it was too late, the door was already opening.

- Midoriya and Uraraka?

I nodded, not able to speak after what happened. Both Ochako and I were in bad condition.

I entered, still holding Ochako, who walked with difficulty.

But as soon as I stepped foot, something went and hit me on the head. I fell on the floor.

- WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT COMPLETING THE JOB?
- B-but w-we di-did! I said, whimpering at the pain.
- YOU ONLY KILLED TWO OF THEM!

He grabbed me with 4 fingers by my green hair and held me up in the hair. I was struggling to free myself.

He started to kick me in the stomach. He let go of me after a few seconds and I fell on the floor, holding my stomach.

- Pathetic! And I thought that All Might's successor would be better than that!

I was shocked at what he said. How did he know? He isn't supposed to know that! Ochako was screaming at Shigaraki to stop, held back by another random villain who made sure she couldn't activate her quirk.

I regained my courage and tried to attack him.

- Detroit... SMASH! I screamed.

I hit him with a powerful blow that sent him flying to the wall behind him.

I let out a sigh of pain and relief at the same time. But I had forgotten about the purple mist guy, Kurogiri. A black and purple mist envelopped us and we got teleported to another room.

It was the same room we were in when we woke up the day before.

- Kurogiri, Mani, he said to the two villains that were with him, tie them up.

Kurogiri grabbed both my arms and tied my weak self to the table, same with Uraraka.

What happened next is... horrible.

Punches, kicks, you name it. It was torture.

[...]

[Time skip: Two weeks later]

Pain.

It was all I could feel right now.

For the past two weeks it was the same thing.

Going to school, do hero training, go to the villain hideout, do some more training or missions and go to sleep at 1.

And each time we failed a mission, we would get... tortured. Of course, I would say it was all my fault to spare Ochako, after all, it was partly my fault. And that Shigaraki was careful. He made sure not to touch our faces and arms so that U.A. doesn't suspect anything.

I tried my best to concentrate on classes and forget the faith that awaited me at night, but I couldn't. Big dark circles under both me and Ochako's eyes and the mood we were in everyday made our classmates worried.

They would ask questions but I would always answer the same thing: me and Ochako were both training every night together.

They believed it at first, but after two weeks of the same excuse, I'm guessing they didn't believe us anymore. But I didn't care.

I would never say what we were really doing.

I arrived in class and made my way to my desk without greeting anyone. Ochako was already sitting at her desk too, her head resting on the table.

I sat on my chair and looked out of the window. Everyone was talking behind me but I didn't listen. I was lost in my thoughts.

Tears started to form into my eyes. It killed me to act this way. "I'm a traitor."

It was so hard to smile now.

Smile like everything's okay, while it's not.

Impossible.

I quickly wiped my tears with one of my arms and forced myself not to cry.

I could feel some gazes on me.

I heard someone approaching.

- Midoriya... We know something's wrong with you.

I turned back to see who was talking to me.

Todoroki, Iida, Kaminari, Kirishima and all the other boys were standing around my desk, even Kacchan was there. I could see behind them that the girls were doing the sams thing but with Ochako.

- Yeah! Talk to us man! We're classmates, and classmates stick together! said Kirishima.
- Oh, it's nothing I swear, I told them.

I was panicking. I didn't know what to tell them anymore.

- It's not nothing, you freaking idiot! screamed Kacchan, slamming his hand on my desk.
- You got to stop with the lies, said Kaminari with a serious look.
- What happened to your smile and joyful attitude bro? asked Kirishima sadly.

Their words were killing me more and more. "I CAN'T TELL YOU!" I screamed in my mind.

- I... I-
- You better not be trying to tell us another lie, Deku! I'll kill you is you do!
- Uh...

I felt tears forming in my eyes. I stoop up brutally and ran out of the class. Seeing what I did, Ochako did the same thing and followed me.

I was crying my eyes out while running. Ochako was screaming at me to stop and wait for her.