Chapter 13 - A Recovered Friendship

[Extra long chapter (not), enjoy readers!]

-

- M-M-Midoriya, is that really you? asked Kirishima.

I nodded. I knew I had to respond well to this if I wanted to gain just a little bit of their trust.

- Do you know who we are? asked Yaoyorozu.

I nodded again and so did Ochako.

They all looked at each other, and after a few seconds of hesitation, Todoroki approached both of us and burned the cloth, letting our mouth free.

I did not talk and only looked down, suddenly feeling very sad. Sad that they didn't trust us anymore. Sad about the whole situation.

- We want some explanations, said Yaoyorozu directly.

I looked at Ochako, who also looked at me. She then pointed her chin at me, signaling me to start the story first.

- First of all, I wanna say sorry for what we did at the summer camp.

I cleared my throat and started telling the whole story from the beginning. They seemed to look a little relieved we haven't been brainwashed or some sort.

I told the story from the USJ up to our failed brainwashing and Ochako told the rest. At the end of the story, tears were already escaping her eyes, while, surprisingly, none escaped mine. Our classmates were also pretty shaken by my story.

- I can't believe this... said Kirishima, holding his head with his two hands.
- Are you playing us, shitty Deku? said Kacchan with an intimidating tone.
- Why would I? I just blurted out.

Silence again.

And then, something unexpected happened. Yaoyorozu ran to Ochako, tears streaming down her face, untied her and hugged her as hard as she could.

- I'm so so sorry! I-I just ca-can't imagine the p-pain you've been through! I missed you so much, me and the girls, you don't have an idea!

Ochako just smiled while hugging her back, little tears sliding down her rosy cheeks. I had not seen these rosy cheeks in such a long time.

- I'm so sorry for what I did to Asui at the summer camp, said Ochako in a trembling voice.
- It's okay, I'm pretty sure she'll forgive you.

They continued hugging as I just continued staring at the floor on my knees. The four boys were standing right in front of me, in silence.

- I don't know about you guys but... started Kirishima as he made his way toward me.

He went behind me and untied me. I was surprised.

- I missed our little Midoriya! he said, holding out his hand to me.

I couldn't believe my eyes. "They trust me?" It was unreal. I took his hand and he pulled me up.

- I'm just so glad you didn't fall on the dark side, said Iida, talking for the first time.
- After all, it wasn't your fault, said Todoroki.
- Tch.

Kirishima patted me in the back and flashed a big smile at me.

I smiled back at them.

- That's our Midoriya!

I laughed.

Yaoyorozu and Ochako approached us.

- I'm so happy you guys are back! said Yaoyorozu.
- Us too! said Ochako cheerfully.
- Right! I said.
They didn't hurt you both too much? asked Iida.

We did not tell them about the frequent beatings I would receive and sometimes Ochako too.

- N-No, it's okay, I said, smiling.
- Now, how do we tell the others that the both of you are on the good side? asked Kirishima.